- 130 g Celery Stick with Leaves, chopped 5cm
- 80 g Green or Yellow Bullhorn Chilli, seeds removed, chopped 4cm
- 320 g Lebanese or mini Cucumbers, chopped4cm
- 120 g Stale White bread or Gluten Free Bread, approx 3 slices, Cubed 20mm Optional plus extra slice cut into10mm for croutons
- 1 fresh green chilli, (remove seeds to lessen heat) chopped 3 pieces
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 heaped tsp sugar
- 100 g walnuts, (toasted)
- 120 g baby spinach
- 25 g Basil leaves
- 10 g flat leaf parsley
- 70 g sherry vinegar
- 70 g extra virgin olive oil, plus extra 30-50g for toasting
- 40 g Greek yoghurt
- 450 g water
- 250 g ice cubes
- 2 tsp Himalayan salt
- white pepper, to taste
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
This recipe is recommended for TM5. Careful not to exceed suggested quantities, the Total quantity is close to Max 2.2L
Preheat oven 130C
Toast walnuts for 10mins, stirring after 5 mins to ensure evenly toasted. Set aside and allow to cool
Increase oven temperature.
Drizzle 30g-50g EV olive oil over bread cubes, sprinkle with extra salt. Toast & stir until evenly golden brown. Set aside to cool.
Add Celery, Bullhorn Chilli, Cucumber, Toasted Bread 20mm cubes, Chilli & Garlic. Chop 5 Sec Speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add Sugar, Walnuts, Spinach, Basil, Parsley, Vinegar, Oil, Yoghurt, 50g Water, 120g Ice cubes, Salt. Blend 30 Sec Speed 8 using TM spatula to push down herbs. Redo until all ingredients are chopped.
With MC in, Blend 1 to 1.5 min gradually increasing Speed 8 and emulsify by slowly drizzling approx. 400g of Water through lid.
Add 130g Ice. Rough crush 3 Sec Speed 8
Taste and balance flavour with a little sherry vinegar, salt & pepper
Drizzle with a little EVOO.
Serve immediately with optional croutons
For TM31 see Green Gazpacho TM31 where quantities are reduced
Sherry Vinegar enhances the gentle chilli flavours
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lentil and chickpea soup
- Basic Chicken Noodle Soup
- Fresh Veg and Chicken Soup with Steamed Chicken
- Spicy sweet potato soup
- Thai Pumpkin and Kumara Soup
- Peanut Butter Curry soup
- Simple Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Veg Soup Recipe
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Graff - Macedonian Bean soup recipe
- Garlic Soup
- Sweet Potato & Lentil Soup
- Lotus Biscoff Spread
- Variation Donna Hay's Salted Caramel and Vanilla Baked Cheesecake
- Batter (for Sweet and Sour/ Honey Sesame/ fish etc)
- Applesauce muffins
- Thermo Cazza's Crumble Mixture
- Layelles Too Easy Moist Date & Coconut Loaf
- Citrus Fruit Mamalade
- Fish with ginger, chilli and soy dressing.
- FLUFFY WHOLEMEAL ROLLS
- Creamed Ruby Chard
- Buttermilk Bread Loaf
- Lemon and Passionfruit Curd