- 130 g Celery Stick with Leaves, chopped 5cm
- 80 g Green or Yellow Bullhorn Chilli, seeds removed, chopped 4cm
- 320 g Lebanese or mini Cucumbers, chopped4cm
- 120 g Stale White bread or Gluten Free Bread, approx 3 slices, Cubed 20mm Optional plus extra slice cut into10mm for croutons
- 1 fresh green chilli, (remove seeds to lessen heat) chopped 3 pieces
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 heaped tsp sugar
- 100 g walnuts, (toasted)
- 120 g baby spinach
- 25 g Basil leaves
- 10 g flat leaf parsley
- 70 g sherry vinegar
- 70 g extra virgin olive oil, plus extra 30-50g for toasting
- 40 g Greek yoghurt
- 450 g water
- 250 g ice cubes
- 2 tsp Himalayan salt
- white pepper, to taste
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
This recipe is recommended for TM5. Careful not to exceed suggested quantities, the Total quantity is close to Max 2.2L
Preheat oven 130C
Toast walnuts for 10mins, stirring after 5 mins to ensure evenly toasted. Set aside and allow to cool
Increase oven temperature.
Drizzle 30g-50g EV olive oil over bread cubes, sprinkle with extra salt. Toast & stir until evenly golden brown. Set aside to cool.
Add Celery, Bullhorn Chilli, Cucumber, Toasted Bread 20mm cubes, Chilli & Garlic. Chop 5 Sec Speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add Sugar, Walnuts, Spinach, Basil, Parsley, Vinegar, Oil, Yoghurt, 50g Water, 120g Ice cubes, Salt. Blend 30 Sec Speed 8 using TM spatula to push down herbs. Redo until all ingredients are chopped.
With MC in, Blend 1 to 1.5 min gradually increasing Speed 8 and emulsify by slowly drizzling approx. 400g of Water through lid.
Add 130g Ice. Rough crush 3 Sec Speed 8
Taste and balance flavour with a little sherry vinegar, salt & pepper
Drizzle with a little EVOO.
Serve immediately with optional croutons
For TM31 see Green Gazpacho TM31 where quantities are reduced
Sherry Vinegar enhances the gentle chilli flavours
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Turkish Lentil Soup
- Roasted Jalapeno / Jalapeño and Chicken Soup
- Roasted Jalapeño / Jalapeno Soup
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- Dairy free creamy broccoli soup
- Noodle Soup Recipe
- Quick Pumpkin Soup
- Quick Vegetable Soup
- Creamy chicken and mushroom soup
- Ham and Cheese Soup
- Curried lentil and pumpkin soup
- Matt's Laksa Paste
- Strawberry Tiramisu (kids friendly, no alcohol)
- Meat Dumplings
- Fluffy Sweet Caramel Flan
- Frijoles colados estilo guatemalteco
- Red Lentil Dahl
- Chicken, Mushroom & Sweet Potato Bake
- Traditional Carrot Cake
- Quick "Chocolate" Cake - Gluten Free
- Cheesy Bacon Scrolls
- Cheese & Bacon scrolls
- Apple porridge
- Turkish Lentil Soup