THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1/2 brown onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 carrot
- 20 g Butter
- drizzle Olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 tbsp vegetable stock concentrate
- 700 g water
- 380 g white potato, unpeeled (or peeled sweet potato or a mix)
- 230 g leeks
- 1-2 sprig rosemary
- 1 tsp turmeric, powder (or fresh)
Wash and roughly chop all vegetables. Add peeled garlic and onion, as well as carrot to mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/Speed 6.
Add butter and/or oil and saute 4 min/Varoma/Speed 1.
Add water and stock to mixing bowl. Place leeks and potato into steaming basket, along with rosemary (leaves only) sprinkled over the top. Insert basket and cook 25 minutes/Varoma/Speed 3.
Empty contents of steaming basket into the mixing bowl, add turmeric and puree 1 min/Speed 9 (slowly turning up speed). Empty into ThermoServer, add seasoning to taste and enjoy!
*Use turmeric powder or grate in fresh turmeric at the end.
*Add turmeric to your TM vegetable stock for added health benefits.
*For a dairy-free option, leave out butter and use only olive oil or coconut oil.
*For added nutritional benefits, use half or all sweet potatoes.
*Add another clove or 2 of garlic for added immune-boosting benefits.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower & Wild Rice Soup
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- French Onion Soup - Variation for (V) (VG)
- Emergency Lentil Soup
- Vegetable and Red Lentil Soup
- Left Over Chicken Soup
- Quick Asian Noodle soup
- Mushroom cappuccino - Dani Valent
- Vegetable and Lentil Soup
- Creamy Celery, Potato and Leek Soup
- Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Soup)
- Cauliflower, Zucchini & Leek Soup with Bacon Dust & Goats Cheese