2h 10minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1 tbs olive oil
2 brown onions, peeled and halved
1 whole head of garlic, peeled
5cm piece of ginger, peeled
2-3 cm piece of turmeric, peeled
3 celery stalks, roughly chopped
2 carrots, roughly chopped
1 piece of lemon grass, brused with butt of knife
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
3 sprigs fresh thyme
5 sprigs of fresh oregano
1tbs dried parsley
4L cold water
1.5kg whole chicken
2tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 star anise pod
Please note that this recipe uses the thermomix to prepare the ingredients, the cooking of the soup is on the stove top.
1. Add onions, garlic and ginger to bowl, chop 4 seconds sp 5, mc on. In a large stock pot or soup pot, heat the oil on medium high heat. Add chopped onion, garlic and ginger to pot and allow to sweat for 3mins or until translucent.
2. Add the turmeric, celery and carrots to tmx bowl. Chop for 3 seconds sp 5. Add to the pot with lemondrass and all herbs and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the whole chicken to the pot, followed by the water, salt and pepper and finally, the star anise. Bring to the boil and reduce to heat to low.
4. Allow the soup to simmer on low for 2 hours.
5. Remove the soup from the stove and remove the chicken. Shread the meat from the bones, discarding both the bones and the skin. Also discard the lemon grass, star anise and the woddy stems from the herbs.
Serve soup when hot. See notes.
Accessories you need
Straining isnt necessary but may be desirable.
Adapted from https://senseandedibility.com/medicinal-chicken-soup/
Please note that this is not my recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.