- 100 grams Mixed soup lentils
- 1 Large Brown Onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander, including stems and leaves
- 11/2 tablespoons vegetable stock paste TM
- 500 grams Rindless short cut smoked bacon, chopped into 2 cm pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Put the lentils into the TM bowl and mill for 10 seconds, speed 8.5. Set aside. No need to wash the bowl for the next step.
2. Put the onions, garlic and coriander into the TM bowl and chop 10 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down the sides of the TM bowl with the spatula and repeat the process if finer chopping is needed.
3. Add the bacon pieces to the TM bowl, then saute for 4 minutes, 120 degrees, speed 1.
4. Add the milled lentils, the vegetable stock paste, salt, pepper and water and cook 35 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1.
5. Extend cooking for another 5 minutes if necessary - make sure that the soup does not dry out.
6. Tip immediately into a Thermoserver.
7. Can be served either with plain steamed rice or with bread or croutons OR just eaten by itself.
Accessories you need
I did not put any olive oil into the bowl during the sauteeing process for the bacon because it has its own fat which renders.
If you do require to add olive oil, then add just one teaspoon.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Sweet potato soup with Lentils and Bacon
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Soup
- Zucchini Soup
- Potato, Leek and Bacon Soup
- Curried Choko & Bacon Soup
- Cauliflower & Bacon soup
- Lentil and chickpea soup
- Basic Chicken Noodle Soup
- Fresh Veg and Chicken Soup with Steamed Chicken
- Spicy sweet potato soup