- 40 g red lentils
- 120 g Boiling water
- 150 g basmati rice, washed
- 900 g water
- 100 g celery stalks (including leaves), chopped to 5cm lengths
- 200 g carrots, chopped into 3cm pieces
- 100 g Capsicum, seeds removed
- 100 g leek, cut to 4cm lengths
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1.5 cm ginger, sliced into coins
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 1.5 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/8 tsp chilli powder
- pinch cinnamon
- 15 g olive oil
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 litre chicken stock, (i use water and chicken stock paste)
- 140 g coconut milk
- 500 g skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into thirds
1h 10minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Soak the lentils in a small bowl with the boiling water. Set aside.
Place the rice inside the simmer basket. Fill the bowl with 900g of cold water. Insert the simmer basket into the bowl, close the lid and insert the MC. "Rinse" the rice by spinning the blades for 3 seconds / speed 10 (This helps ensure that the rice separates and cooks evenly.Now cook the rice for 16 mins / varoma temp / speed 4. Remove the basket from the TM bowl and place it inside your 2.6L ThermoServer with the lid on. It will continue to cook while you prepare the rest of the soup. Rinse and dry the TM bowl.
Add celery, carrots, capsicum and leek to the TM bowl and roughly chop for 5 seconds / speed 4. Set aside (save dishes and just pop them inside the Varoma that you're going to use later anyway!)
Add garlic and ginger to the TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds / speed 7.
Add onion, curry powder, garam masala, chilli powder, cinnamon and olive oil and chop for 3 seconds / speed 5. Scrape down the walls of the bowl. Saute for 4 minutes / 115° (varoma temp in the TM31) / speed 1 (MC off).
Add flour and cook for 1 minute / 100° / speed 1. Use the spatula to scrape the bottom of the bowl.
Add tomatoes, tomato paste, drained lentils, chicken stock and coconut milk. Cook for 10 minutes / 100° / speed 1.
Add the chopped vegetables ensuring you don't go over the 2 litre mark (it will end up too big to fit inside the ThermoServer!). Rinse the Varoma and place the chicken pieces inside it and position it correctly on the Thermomix.
Cook for 20-25 minutes / Varoma temp / speed 1 until the chicken is properly cooked.
Remove the Varoma with the chicken in it and set it aside.
Insert the MC and puree the soup for 1 minute starting at speed 4 and then slowly increasing the speed until speed 9. While this is pureeing, turn the rice out of the simmer basket into the ThermoServer and loosen the rice with a fork.
Once the soup is pureed, pour it over the rice in the ThermoServer. Return the bowl to the TM base (no need to rinse it) and add the cooked chicken pieces. Now shred the chicken for 5-8 seconds / reverse / speed 4. Try not to overshred as it can become paste. Add the shredded chicken to the ThermoServer and stir to combine. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with crusty bread.
This soup is so delicious and the texture is amazing. It is great for larger families. I hope you enjoy it as much as we all do!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- Vegetarian Minestone
- Creamy cauliflower soup
- Coconut Pumpkin Soup
- Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Zucchini and Potato Soup
- Roast cauliflower dhal soup
- Savoury Crackers
- Spicy Capsicum and Feta Zucchetti (spiralised Zucchini "spaghetti")
- Egg Drop Soup with Shredded Chicken
- Chicken Stock Paste
- Carola's Brussels Sprout Delight
- Carola's Cauliflower Soup
- Gulab Jamun
- Spinach and Tuna Lasagne
- Mango & Pistachio Icecream Log
- Pita Bread Pockets
- Shoarma (Shawarma)
- Carola's Mayonnaise
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Homemade Ricotta Herb Dip
- Superhealthy Kids' Double Chocolate Banana Cake
- Bavarian Spice Rub - Best Chicken Rub Ever!
- Delicious scones made in the Airfryer
- Halawet El Rez
- Homemade Ricotta Herb Dip
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Maple Pancakes
- Spaghetti Bolognese Hidden vegetables
- Cheats kousa
- Char Kuey Teow