- 180 grams onion, 2 large onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small chilli, depending how hot you like it
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 50 grams olive oil
- 40 grams Butter
- 1000 grams mussels, cleaned
- 200 grams crushed tomatoes, fresh or canned
- 100 grams white wine
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock paste
- 1 tablespoon Corn Flour, for thickening sauce
- 1 litres water
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Chop onion, parsley, chilli and garlic in thermomix on speed 5 for 4 seconds
2. Scrape down sides and add oil and butter. Saute for 7 minutes 100 degrees
3. Clean mussels while onion and cooking and place in Varoma
4. Once onion finish cooking, add tomatoes, wine and stock to thermomix. Close lid and put the Varoma (that has the mussels in it) on top of lid. Cook for 13 minutes Varoma temperature speed 1
5. Set Varoma aside and add water to thermomix. Then sit simmering basket onto mixing bowl lid and cook 15 minutes Varoma speed 1.
6. Add cornflour to MC with a little cold water. stir to dissolve then add to red sauce in thermomix. Cook for another 5 minutes Varoma speed 1 with simmering basket on lid.
7. Serve sauce on mussels.
Accessories you need
You can add pasta to the red sauce while cooking to make a more substanial meal or make some bread to dip into the red sauce.
You can add more corn flour to thicken sauce more depending how thick you like your sauce or cook it longer to reduce sauce.
If you try this recipe, I would very much appreciate your feedback by leaving a comment and rating.
Come visit me on facebook at 'Fayi Cookbooks' for more recipes
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Dumplings and broth
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Quick and Easy Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Creamy Coconut & Vegetable Soup
- Pick-me-up Turmeric Chicken Noodle Soup
- Mushroom Soup with Soba
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Sweet potato soup with Lentils and Bacon
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Soup
- Zucchini Soup
- Pink & White Coconut Ice (Breast Cancer Foundation / Think Pink Fundraiser)
- Traditional Lemonade Scones
- Lemon and Peach Potion Pots For Halloween
- Easy Two Ingredient Scones
- Black and White Marble Cake
- Zucchini Leek soup Failsafe
- Failsafe chicken
- Bloody Coconut Ice
- Cashew cookies (failsafe)
- Failsafe bread
- Rice porridge (failsafe)
- Chocolate nut muffin
- Thermo Papa's veg loaded pizza sauce
- I’ve tried every vegan chocolate energy ball recipe going – this is the best one
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- Taco rissoles
- Pecan biscuits
- JCN Protein Balls (sugar free)
- Zucchini balls
- Zucchini Relish / Pickle
- Zucchini Bread and Butter Pickle
- Zucchini and Bean Chutney
- Sausages with onion gravy and vegetables