- 35 grams Butter
- 2 leeks, Roughly Chopped
- 1 Onion, medium, peeled, Roughly Chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, Roughly Chopped
- 600 grams potatoes, Roughly Chopped
- 750 grams Liquid Chicken Stock, (or 750g water + 2-3 tspn stock powder)
- 375 grams (1x 375ml) tin evaporated milk, (or 125g cubed cream cheese, or cream to taste)
8Recipe is created for
91st main course 2nd main course Appetizer Main course Side dish Starter Alcohol-free Children food Egg free Gluten free Vegetarian Autumn Mother's Day Winter Cooking Heating Cooking for 2 person Cooking for elderly people Cooking for large family Cooking for students Easy Low budget Natural Quick Dinner Lunch Snack Supper Everyday Potato dish Vegetable dish
1. Add Leeks, Onion & Garlic to bowl. Chop 5secs, speed 5.
2. Add Butter to bowl. Cook 5mins, speed 1, 100C, scraping down sides of bowl half way through cooking.
3. Add Potatoes and cook another 5mins, speed 1, 100C.
4. Add Stock and cook 20mins, speed 2, 100C, or until potatoes are soft.
5. Puree 45secs by placing MC on lid and gradually increasing speed to speed 8, until mixture is smooth.
6. Add Milk, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Cook another 3mins, 100C, speed 2.
8. Serve into bowls and add a small dash of cream to the surface of each. Enjoy!
I often don't even peel the potatoes as the potato skin has a high nutritional content. Peeling them creates a smoother, creamier consistency but if you're not fussed by presentation and are more concerned about nutritional value then leaving the peel on is just as yummy!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Raspberry & Coconut Scones
- Slow-cook turmeric paste for lamb
- Caramel slice (no bake filling from scratch in Thermomix)
- Dad's Pancakes
- Cinnamon crumble cake
- Peanut Butter Biscuits
- Bacon Fried Cabbage
- Spring onion Butter Cookie
- Variation Passionfruit Curd
- Cornflake & Pistachio Cookies
- Cauliflower & Chicken Salad
- Variation Date lime cake