- 30 grams Butter
- 2 leeks, Roughly chopped
- 1 onion, Roughly chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 600 grams potatoes, Roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp chicken stock paste, vegetable stock can be used for vegetarian option
- 750 grams water
- 300 grams cream
- 1 pinch pepper, to taste + to garnish
- Parmesan cheese, to garnish
- chives, to garnish
Recipe is created for
1. Add Leeks, Onion & Garlic to bowl. Chop 5secs, speed 5. Scrape down sides of the bowl and reapet if necessary.
2. Scrape down bowl. Add Butter to bowl. Cook 5mins, 100c, speed 1
3. Add potatoes and cook 5mins, 100C, speed 1
4. Add stock paste, water and cook 20mins, 100C, speed 2 or until potatoes are soft.
5. Puree slowly increasing the speed from 1-7 for 1-2mins untill smooth.
6. Add cream, and season with pepper to taste.
7. Cook another 3mins, 100C, speed 2 to incorporate cream.
8. Serve with a generous garnish of parmesan cheese, chives, and perper to taste.
9. Dont forget the crusty bread or toast to serve
Potato and leek soup
If the potatos are well washed then there is no need to peel them and not peeling them retains more of the nutritional value
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Roasted Jalapeno / Jalapeño and Chicken Soup
- Roasted Jalapeño / Jalapeno Soup
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- Dairy free creamy broccoli soup
- Noodle Soup Recipe
- Quick Pumpkin Soup
- Quick Vegetable Soup
- Creamy chicken and mushroom soup
- Ham and Cheese Soup
- Curried lentil and pumpkin soup
- Matt's Laksa Paste
- Cleansing soup
- Easy scones
- CRUMBLE CAKE WITH CUSTARD AND FRUIT (STREUSELKUCHEN)
- Moist & Light Chocolate Cupcakes with chocolate buttercream icing
- Peanut crusted chicken
- Cinnamon scrolls
- Leftover Chicken Burgers - Using Leftover Cooked Chicken
- Chicken Fricassee (great with Smoked Chicken)
- Chorizo Risotto
- Courgette Flan
- Jamie Oliver’s eggplant dhal
- The Best Cinnamon Scrolls you'll ever eat!