- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 800 grams pumpkin, chopped to 3x3cm cubes (including skin and seeds if you like!)
- 200 grams potato, chopped to 3x3cm cubes (including skins)
- 500 grams water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock concentrate, (or chicken stock paste)
- 100 g cream, (or milk), optional
- Add onion and garlic to Thermomix bowl. Chop 4 secs / sp 5. Scrape down edges and add olive oil Saute 3 mins / Varoma temp / Sp 1.
- Add pumpkin, potato and up to 500g of water (don't go over the maximum level on the jug!). Don't worry if it looks like there isn't enough liquid added as a lot of liquid will come out of the vegetables while cooking!) Add stock concentrate and cook 25-30 mins / 100° / Sp 1.
- SLOWLY turn the speed dial up to Sp 4 until balanced and no longer vibrating. Once settled, slowly turn speed dial up to Sp 9 / 1 min. Add cream and combine 5 secs / sp 4. Pour into Thermoserver and top with chopped chives. Enjoy with crusty bread.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Layelle’s Turkish Lentil Soup
- Creamy Corn and Cauliflower Soup
- Goulash Soup, German Style
- Curried Cream of Vegetable Soup
- Simple hearty pumpkin soup
- Green pesto vegetable soup
- Leek potato soup
- Sweetcorn and Potato Chowder
- Creamy pumkin soup
- Deb's tasty Cauliflower Soup
- Roasted apple and pumpkin soup