THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 250 grams onion, I large or 2 small
- 30 grams olive oil
- 20 grams balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoons sea salt
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1400 grams Jap or Qld Blue Pumpkin
- 200 grams carrot, 1 large
- 6 stalks Celery, Chopped into 4 or 5 pieces
- 1 teaspoons Oregano, fresh is best but dried is ok
- 2 pinches cracked pepper
- 2 heaped teaspoon Fresh herbs to taste, eg Rosemary, Basil etc
- 1 tbsp Vegetable or Chicken Stock Paste
- 500 grams water
- 50 grams Parmesan cheese
- 150 grams cream
- 250 grams bacon
- 1 cans small of corn kernels
1h 10minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Peel & cut pumpkin in roast size pieces and put in oven 180 degrees for 30 - 40 mins (needs to start caramelising)
Cut Parmesan Cheese into blocks and TM 2 seconds, speed 9, repeat if not fine enough. Set aside.
Add carrots and celery to TM and speed 7 for 4 seconds scrape down sides then TM speed 7 for 3 seconds. Set aside.
Peel onion & cut into eighths
Locate TM6 Cookidoo recipe for caramelised onion and, when pumpkin starts to caramelise, follow it as this will allow the use of high temerature mode
After 2 minutes add garlic cloves and continue
To the Caramelised Onion add roast Pumpkin, Oregano, Pepper, other herbs to taste, Stock Paste, Water, 20g Parmesan and the set aside carrot & celery then cook 100 degrees, speed 2.5, 6 minutes
Add 50 Grams of cream then puree the mixture, Speed 6 for 10 seconds
Cut Bacon into squares and fry in frying pan till crisp
Add Bacon, rest of cream, rest of parmesan, drained can of corn then TM reverse speed 5 - 10 seconds
then TM reverse 2.5 mins 100 degrees speed 3.
serve with a sprig of parsley
This recipe gives a small lumpiness to the soup. If you want it smoother then puree the mix for another 10 - 20 seconds.
For TM5 put quartered onion and garlic into oven with pumpkin after 20 mins to caramelise it
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Sweet potato soup with Lentils and Bacon
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Soup
- Zucchini Soup
- Potato, Leek and Bacon Soup
- Curried Choko & Bacon Soup
- Cauliflower & Bacon soup
- Lentil and chickpea soup
- Basic Chicken Noodle Soup
- Fresh Veg and Chicken Soup with Steamed Chicken
- Spicy sweet potato soup
- Zoe's Turkish Bread Pride, Pizza Base or Rolls
- Zoe's Mundella Greek Honey Yoghurt using the Crock Pot Express to Set
- Butter Cut Out Biscuits
- Super Soft Pesto Scrolls
- Sweetened Langka (jackfruit)
- Choc-caramilk Bavarian
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Salmon Curry
- Tomato Sauce
- Paleo Meringue
- Pineapple and Lemon Slushy