- 1 kg Roma tomatoes
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, halved
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons TM vege stock concentrate
- 500 grams water
- 1 cup basil, finely shredded
8Recipe is created for
1. Halve tomatoes lengthwise and place cut side up on an oven tray. Separate cloves from head of garlic (don't peel) and scatter them around the tray. Drizzle with olive oil and roast in a hot oven (200ºC) for 40 minutes or until tender.
2. Place the onion in the TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds on speed 5. Add the olive oil and saute for 3 minutes at 100ºC, speed 1. Add the tomato paste and cook for an additional minute at 100ºC, speed 1.
3. Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves from their skins into the TM bowl. Add the roasted tomatoes and half the shredded basil together with the vege stock concentrate and water. Blend briefly for 15 seconds, speed 9.
4. Cook for 8 minutes at 100ºC speed 1. Blend again for 30 seconds bringing the speed up slowly to speed 9.
5. Serve sprinkled with the reserved shredded basil and some crusty bread on the side.
Really good sprinkled with freshly grated Parmesan cheese also.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower & Wild Rice Soup
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- French Onion Soup - Variation for (V) (VG)
- Emergency Lentil Soup
- Vegetable and Red Lentil Soup
- Left Over Chicken Soup
- Quick Asian Noodle soup
- Mushroom cappuccino - Dani Valent
- Vegetable and Lentil Soup
- Creamy Celery, Potato and Leek Soup
- Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Soup)
- Cauliflower, Zucchini & Leek Soup with Bacon Dust & Goats Cheese