- 1 clove garlic, Peeled
- 25 g olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin ground
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 300 g Beetroot, peeled and diced
- 1 zucchini, medium, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 tablespoon brown rice
- 150 g Green French Lentils
- 700 g chicken stock, or 1 Tbspn vegetable stock concentrate plus water
- 400 g can of diced tomatoes
- Chop garlic clove 3sec, speed 7
- Scrape down sides of bowl
- Add oil and sautee for 3 min, Varoma, speed 1, Measuring cup OFF
- Add the diced beetroot, carrot, zucchini, cumin and cinnamon and sautee for 2 minutes, reverse, 100 degrees, speed 1
- Add the tinned tomatoes, rice, lentils and stock and cook for 40 minutes, reverse, 100 degrees, soft speed.
- Season to taste and serve
The addition of the brown rice complements the lentils to provide a complete protein. Could be replaced with your grain of choice.
Delicious served with a dollop of sour cream or thick yoghurt.
TM5 can add 900g stock (or water plus 1.5 Tbspn stock concentrate)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Tuna, Zucchini and Pea Slice
- Healthy chicken burgers
- Plant Based Nacho Cheese
- French Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- All in one apple, carrot and blueberry cake
- Zuchinni, rice slice
- Mexican Lasagne - adapted from the Healthy Mummy
- Truffle Aioli
- Braised Jew Fish
- Christmas Salad
- Variation Risotto Arrabbiata