- 1 clove garlic, Peeled
- 25 g olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin ground
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 300 g Beetroot, peeled and diced
- 1 zucchini, medium, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 tablespoon brown rice
- 150 g Green French Lentils
- 700 g chicken stock, or 1 Tbspn vegetable stock concentrate plus water
- 400 g can of diced tomatoes
- Chop garlic clove 3sec, speed 7
- Scrape down sides of bowl
- Add oil and sautee for 3 min, Varoma, speed 1, Measuring cup OFF
- Add the diced beetroot, carrot, zucchini, cumin and cinnamon and sautee for 2 minutes, reverse, 100 degrees, speed 1
- Add the tinned tomatoes, rice, lentils and stock and cook for 40 minutes, reverse, 100 degrees, soft speed.
- Season to taste and serve
The addition of the brown rice complements the lentils to provide a complete protein. Could be replaced with your grain of choice.
Delicious served with a dollop of sour cream or thick yoghurt.
TM5 can add 900g stock (or water plus 1.5 Tbspn stock concentrate)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower & Chicken Salad
- Chicken In Satay Sauce
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Beef and Guinness Stew
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- 'Dorito-esk' Seasoning Shake
- Wazza's Creamy Pasta with Hot Smoked Salmon
- Vegetarian Minestone
- Hot Chilli Jam
- Creamy Carbonara Risotto with Hidden Veg
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Stewed Beef Brisket with tomato