- 1 clove garlic, Peeled
- 25 g olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin ground
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 300 g Beetroot, peeled and diced
- 1 zucchini, medium, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 tablespoon brown rice
- 150 g Green French Lentils
- 700 g chicken stock, or 1 Tbspn vegetable stock concentrate plus water
- 400 g can of diced tomatoes
- Chop garlic clove 3sec, speed 7
- Scrape down sides of bowl
- Add oil and sautee for 3 min, Varoma, speed 1, Measuring cup OFF
- Add the diced beetroot, carrot, zucchini, cumin and cinnamon and sautee for 2 minutes, reverse, 100 degrees, speed 1
- Add the tinned tomatoes, rice, lentils and stock and cook for 40 minutes, reverse, 100 degrees, soft speed.
- Season to taste and serve
Accessories you need
The addition of the brown rice complements the lentils to provide a complete protein. Could be replaced with your grain of choice.
Delicious served with a dollop of sour cream or thick yoghurt.
TM5 can add 900g stock (or water plus 1.5 Tbspn stock concentrate)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Dumplings and broth
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Quick and Easy Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Creamy Coconut & Vegetable Soup
- Pick-me-up Turmeric Chicken Noodle Soup
- Mushroom Soup with Soba
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Sweet potato soup with Lentils and Bacon
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Soup
- Zucchini Soup
- SEHAM’S FOOSALIYA WITH SLOW COOKED LAMB
- Mixed Herb Pesto (use up your herbs!)
- Bec’s dim dims.
- Best Ever BBQ Sauce - Weebindi Version
- Chicken and Sweetcorn Puree - Annabel Karmel Recipe
- The English Carrot
- Carrot and Almond Loaf
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice
- Thermo Papa's veg loaded pizza sauce
- Zucchini balls
- Zucchini Relish / Pickle
- Zucchini Bread and Butter Pickle