- 2 onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 1cm piece ginger, peeled
- 20 g olive oil
- 100 g potato, roughly chopped
- 100 g carrot, roughly chopped
- 250 g fresh tomato, or one can
- 200 g dried red lentils
- 1 heaped tablespoon TMX vege stock concentrate
- 1 l water
- 1 handful spinach
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- few leaves of fresh basil
Into , add onions, garlic and ginger. Chop for five seconds on speed 5. Add oil and saute for three minutes, at 100 degrees, on speed 2.
Add in cumin, basil, salt and cook for 2 minutes at speed 2.
Add in carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, vege stock concentrate, water and lentils and set timer for 30 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 2. Check whether carrots and lentils are soft. Set timer to 1.5 minutes. Setting temperature on 90 degrees, add the spinach and gradually increase the speed from 1 to 9, taking great care to observe closely as you are dealing with very hot liquid. (This takes me thirty seconds.) Once full speed is reached, puree for a full minute, to produce a beautiful, smooth soup.
Add pepper to taste. (You should not need more salt if you've used TMX vege stock concentrate.)
In a diet/lifestyle movement designed for women called The PINK Method, this soup's purpose is to get you back on track with weight loss when you've plateaued. I saw it promoted on the Dr Phil Show.
The recipe for Thermomix Vegetable Stock Concentrate is found on p.17 of EDC.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick Beef Pho for Two
- Jen's Crab and Corn Chowder
- Vegan Lentil Soup
- Chinese Style Chicken and Corn Soup
- Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
- VEGAN Cheesy Broccoli Soup - LCHF
- Yummy Chicken & Vegetable Soup
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Variation Curried lentil and pumpkin soup
- Curry Pea Soup
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Pumpkin and Leek Soup
- Russian Meatloaf
- Varoma pumpkin & whisky bread & butter pudding
- Pumpkin Jam (Misti Kumra)
- Pumpkin and Lentil Dahl
- Hidden Vege Sorbet
- Creamed Cheese Bread Pudding using leftover fruitcake
- Poached Pumpkin with Sesame and Cloves
- Ginger Margarita Sorbet
- Gluten-free maple pudding
- Spiced Blueberry Mousse
- Kasha (Buckwheat with Mushrooms and Onions)