- 2 onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 1cm piece ginger, peeled
- 20 g olive oil
- 100 g potato, roughly chopped
- 100 g carrot, roughly chopped
- 250 g fresh tomato, or one can
- 200 g dried red lentils
- 1 heaped tablespoon TMX vege stock concentrate
- 1 l water
- 1 handful spinach
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- few leaves of fresh basil
Into , add onions, garlic and ginger. Chop for five seconds on speed 5. Add oil and saute for three minutes, at 100 degrees, on speed 2.
Add in cumin, basil, salt and cook for 2 minutes at speed 2.
Add in carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, vege stock concentrate, water and lentils and set timer for 30 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 2. Check whether carrots and lentils are soft. Set timer to 1.5 minutes. Setting temperature on 90 degrees, add the spinach and gradually increase the speed from 1 to 9, taking great care to observe closely as you are dealing with very hot liquid. (This takes me thirty seconds.) Once full speed is reached, puree for a full minute, to produce a beautiful, smooth soup.
Add pepper to taste. (You should not need more salt if you've used TMX vege stock concentrate.)
In a diet/lifestyle movement designed for women called The PINK Method, this soup's purpose is to get you back on track with weight loss when you've plateaued. I saw it promoted on the Dr Phil Show.
The recipe for Thermomix Vegetable Stock Concentrate is found on p.17 of EDC.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- Russian Meatloaf
- Varoma pumpkin & whisky bread & butter pudding
- Pumpkin Jam (Misti Kumra)
- Pumpkin and Lentil Dahl
- Hidden Vege Sorbet
- Creamed Cheese Bread Pudding using leftover fruitcake
- Poached Pumpkin with Sesame and Cloves
- Ginger Margarita Sorbet
- Gluten-free maple pudding
- Spiced Blueberry Mousse
- Kasha (Buckwheat with Mushrooms and Onions)
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Choc Protein Balls
- FAILSAFE PIZZA POCKETS
- Real Deli Chicken
- Failsafe No-mato Sauce
- Supersoft Bread
- Variation Never Fail Fluffy Bread
- Coffee whip (dairy free, egg free, vegan)
- Creamy Tuscan salmon with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes
- Steamed Asian greens with a Honey, Soy and ginger sauce
- Sassy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Fig, Almond and Orange Blossom tart by Layelle