- 1 onion, medium
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, (300g)
- 1 tsp oil, neutral tasting, to suit your diet
- 1 tablespoon curry powder, (e.g. Sri Lankan roasted curry powder or medium Madras)
- 1 can chopped tomatoes, (400g)
- 600 grams vegetable stock, (600ml, chicken stock is fine too)
- 2 tsp Lemon juice or vinegar, (to suit your diet)
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- to taste salt
Recipe is created for
Roast the cumin seeds in the bowl, 3 minutes / Varoma / Speed 1 until fragrant, then remove.
Peel the onion and sweet potatoes, and chop into large chunks along with the celery. Chop in the Thermomix with the oil 6 seconds/Speed 5 until finely chopped.
Scrape down the sides of the TM with a spatula, then soften for 5 minutes/100C/Speed 1. Add the curry powder and cook for a further 2 minutes/100C/Speed 1.
Add the hot stock, tomatoes and vinegar (or lemon juice) and cook for 12 minutes/100C/Speed 2.
Puree for 1 minute/100C/Speed 9 (or longer) until smooth. Taste, and add salt as necessary. Add the majority of the cumin seeds, stir in quickly (with the spatula or put on 10 seconds/Speed 2)and serve with the rest of the toasted cumin seeds sprinkled on top. If you're not counting calories, serve with crusty bread, or warmed Indian flatbreads. 141 calories per serving.
This is fantastic for when you walk in, everyone's hungry, and you need to throw together something healthy, tasty and fast to keep everyone happy! Loved by everyone who has tried it, with just the right amount of spice. Tone down the spices and leave out the salt if you're cooking for littluns and keep the whole family happy!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Sweet potato soup with Lentils and Bacon
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Soup
- Zucchini Soup
- Potato, Leek and Bacon Soup
- Curried Choko & Bacon Soup
- Cauliflower & Bacon soup
- Lentil and chickpea soup
- Basic Chicken Noodle Soup
- Fresh Veg and Chicken Soup with Steamed Chicken
- Spicy sweet potato soup
- David's Dhall
- Adrian Richards Banana Bread
- Top Deck Caramel Crunch
- Kefta and Potato Casserole with Lebanese Rice
- Zoe's Turkish Bread Pride, Pizza Base or Rolls
- Caramilk Chunk Cookies
- Butter Cut Out Biscuits
- Raw Brownie Bites
- Asian Style Mushroom Soup
- Super Soft Pesto Scrolls
- Choc-caramilk Bavarian
- Rich Tomato Soup