- 1 brown onion, halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cm fresh ginger
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 20 g olive oil
- 600 g pumpkin, roughly chopped
- 2 potatoes, roughly chopped
- 100 g red lentils
- 1 tbsp Vegetable stock paste
- 600 g water
- 30 g Crème fraîche
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Tip: I use the TM5 Pumpkin Soup recipe off the chip and just add in the extra ingredients at the relevant steps.
1. Chop onion, ginger and garlic 3 sec / sp 5
2. Add curry powder and olive oil, and saute 3 min / 120deg / sp 1
3. Add pumpkin and potato and chop 15 sec / sp 7
4. Add remaining ingredients except creme fraiche and cook 20 min / 100 deg / sp 1
5. Add creme fraiche and blend 1 min / sp 5-9, gradually increasing speed
6. Serve topped with a dollop of Creme fraiche (or sour cream) and season with salt, pepper and a little bit of grated parmesan
Warm and hearty pumpkin soup
As this has lentils in it, it is heartier than regular soup so is still filling without bread.
If you have a toddler, try giving it to them to drink with a large straw, careful it's not too hot! Saves a bit of mess
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Tomato Soup
- Broccoli and Kale Soup
- Green goodness soup
- Potato Soup
- Roasted pumpkin and carrot soup
- Cauliflower and brocolli soup
- Roast Pumpkin, Garlic & Corn soup with Caramelised Onion
- Cream of Brocolli Soup
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Whole wheat pancakes
- Nut Free Life Changing Loaf of Bread
- Easy 11 minute lunchbox combo - protein carbs and veggies!
- Halloween Spider Web Biscuits
- Lactation boobie balls
- Spicy Wholemeal Gingernuts
- Easy Thermomix Easter Biscuits
- Sautéed beetroot greens
- Watermelon and Chilli Granita
- Little Christmas Shortbreads
- Life Changing Loaf of Bread
- Hell of a drink - clears your sinuses, great for colds