- 2 Garlic Cloves - Peeled
- 1 Brown Onion - Peeled and quartered
- 30 gram Butter
- 2 teaspoon thyme (leaves only)
- 1/4 --- Cup tomato paste
- 2 --- 410 Gram tins crushed tomatoes (I use Ardoma)
- 450 grams Fire roasted peppers (I use a jar)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 100 grams cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock paste and 570 grams water or 500 mls of chicken or vegetable stock
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add garlic cloves (2) to bowl, 6 seconds/speed 8
Add peeled and quartered onion (1) to bowl and thyme (2 teaspoons) 6 seconds/speed 5
Scrape down sides.
Add 30 grams butter.
10 minutes/80 degrees/slowest speed MC on
Add tomato paste (1/4 cup), 5 minutes/100 degrees/slowest speed MC on.
Add tinned tomatoes (2 tins), fire roasted peppers (450 grams jar), Sugar (1 teaspoon), red pepper flakes (1/2 teaspoon), 2 teaspoons chicken stock paste and 570 grams water (or 500 mls of chicken or vegetable stock),
MC off but place steamer basket over MC hole to prevent splatters. 30 minutes/100 degrees/speed 1
Put MC on and hold 15 seconds/speed 6 working up to speed 9
Add 100 grams cream 10 seconds/ speed 10 with MC on.
You can serve with more red pepper flakes if you like more spice. Enjoy. On a side note - this recipe has only been tested in the TM5 - it makes quite a lot of soup, if you are unsure if it is too much for the TM31 bowl please add less water or stock. If you need to thin it out you can divide soup to thin and puree in batches to be safe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- Chocolate Lava Cake
- Baked Snickers Cheesecake
- Curry Puffs (Samosa's)
- White Chocolate and Macadamia Cookies
- Scones like Nana used to make
- Lemon Meringue Crumble Slice
- Chocolate Caramel Fudge Cake
- Chocolate Caramel Slice
- Iced Puff Pastry
- Lemon Curd Cheesecake Slice
- Chewy Anzac Biscuits
- Chocolate Rough Slice
- Creamy tuna dip
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet
- Creamy Fruit Cake
- Passionfruit and coconut cake
- Variation Clone of World's Greatest Banana Cake - quick wholemeal version
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Bounty Cake
- Double choc caramel slice
- French Chocolate Teacake
- Nut butter Porridge
- Plum jam with apple