- 1 cloves garlic, peeled
- 5 centimetre ginger knob, peeled
- 1 large red chili, roughly chopped and seeded
- 3 spring onions or shallots, roughly chopped
- 1 stalk Celery, roughly chopped
- 3 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon oil, any preferred oil for sauteing.
- 1000 grams live mussels in juice
- 1 bunch thai basil and or coriander, leaves only
- 1 tin of coconut milk, 400g
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Add garlic, chili, ginger - chop speed 5, 4 sec.
2. Add celery and spring onion or shallot - chop speed 5, 4 sec
3. Add tomatoes. Chop speed 3, 3 sec.
4. Add oil. Saute for 5 minutes, speed 2, 100 degrees. no MC.
5. Add coconut milk & Herbs (leave a few for garnish)
6. Place Varoma dish in position. Add mussels, including all liquid so that it drains into the bowl. Place varoma lid on top. Steam mussels on Varoma heat, spead 2, 15 minutes. Check after 10 minutes to see if mussels have opened. If they have then the dish is ready to serve.
7. Divide mussels amongst large soup bowls. Pour soup liquid over the mussels and garnish.
Serve with Crusty bread to soak up the juices (not suitable for paleo, FODMAP or GF).
Accessories you need
If no fresh chilli you can use red or green curry paste. Servs 2 as a large main or 4 as an entree. Suitable for Paleo and FODMAP diets. Serve with bread optional
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Nanna's Vegetable Soup
- Curried Kumera Soup
- Smoked hock-bone soup
- Grandma's Pumpkin Soup
- Moroccan pumpkin soup
- Amazing Vegetable Soup
- GF Pea and Ham Soup
- Rima’s Maryam Mounajed’s ChefItUp’s Lentil Soup
- 20 min Quick & Easy Leek, potato & Lentil Soup
- Pumpkin soup
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- MN Teta's Hamid Soup