THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 500 g chicken stock or chicken consomme
- 270ml can of coconut milk
- 40 g fresh ginger, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 stalks lemongrass, lower third only, sliced into 2cm pieces
- 2 large shallots, sliced thinly
- 5 large red chilies, (seeds removed for mild version), sliced into 2cm pieces
- 300 g chicken breast, sliced
- 30 g fish sauce
- Juice of one lime
- bunch coriander, chopped
Recipe is created for
1. Put stock and coconut milk into TM bowl. Cook 8 minutes/Varoma/Speed 2.
2. Prepare ginger, lemongrass, shallots and chilies. Add to bowl. Cook 3 minutes/Varoma//.
3. Add chicken to bowl. Cook 1 minute/Varoma//.
4. Add fish sauce. Cook 3 minutes/Varoma//.
5. Add coriander and lime juice to bowl. Stir 1 minute//speed 2.
Accessories you need
To bulk this dish out to serve six people, simply cook rice (as per the EDC) and serve the soup over the rice.
I remove all the chili seeds, as the soup has a fabulous flavour without needing the heat. But, if you like it hot, then... :o)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Garlic Soup
- Sweet Potato & Lentil Soup
- Creamy tomato bisque
- Quick and easy Chinese chicken & corn soup
- Variation Broccoli Soup
- The Fast 800 Curried Chicken and Lentil Soup
- Fennel soup
- Pumpkin soup
- Chicken Bacon and Vegetable Soup
- Bacon, Lentil and Vegetable Soup
- Corn and Potato Soup
- Next Level Pumpkin Soup
- Light Fruit Cake
- Sweet and Sour Beans
- Taiwanese Three Cup Chicken
- Sweet Chilli Chicken
- Steamed Chicken Dumplings
- Nacho Cheese Sauce
- Coffee Ice Cream (or any other flavour you can dream of!)
- Cornbread - moist and sweet
- Watermelon and Lime Margarita
- Spicy Corn Fritters (recipe converted from "Chin Chin - The Book. Recipes by Benjamin Cooper"
- Susan's Double Choc Mint Hot Chocolate Mix
- Massaman Curry Paste
- Matt's Laksa Paste
- Green curry paste
- Laksa Curry
- Laksa Curry Paste
- Thai Green Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- CHICKEN AND PRAWN LAKSA
- Thai Green Curry
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Choo Chee Curry (mild version)
- Poached Chicken in Lemongrass Broth