- 1 brown onion, peeled and cut in half
- 6 clove garlic, peeled
- 40 grams ginger, stem, peeled
- 20 grams coconut oil
- 2 carrots, Chopped in 3
- 2 stalks celery stalks, Cut same size as carrots
- 1 leek, white and light green only sliced
- 400 grams sweet potato, in cubes 2-3cm
- 1000 grams water
- 100 grams kale leaves, no stems
- 100 grams fresh silverbeet, leaves only
- 1 heaped tablespoons Vegetable stock paste
- 40 grams lemon juice, or 1 whole lemon to taste
- 5 sprigs fresh parsley leaves, to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Place kale in "Closed lid" Chop 2 sec/speed 6. Transfer to a bowl and set aside
- Place silverbeet in Chop 2 sec/speed 6. Transfer to bowl with kale and set aside
- Place garlic, ginger, onion, carrot, celery, leek and coconut oil into "Closed lid" and chop 3 sec/speed 5.
- Scrape down sides of "Closed lid" with spatula and cook 3min/Varoma/"Counter-clockwise operation" /Speed 2.
- Add sweet potato, stock paste, water and pepper and cook 15min/100°C/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 1.
- Add Kale and Silverbeet (making sure not to go over the max line) and gently push down with aid of spatula and cook 2 min/100°C/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 2.
- Add lemon juice, parsley and more pepper to taste. Give a quick stir with the spatula and serve.
Accessories you need
This soup is if you like a lot of broth and a version of the hearty seven vegetable soup on cookidoo. If you prefer a thicker soup, try that version on cookidoo instead.
Vegetable Stock Paste recipe is in the basic cookbook.
I love a lot of garlic and ginger.. if you are not a huge fan of the aromats, adjust to suit taste. As always, adjust to suit your tastes.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Tuscan Bean Soup modified
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Super Simple Veggie Soup
- Trahana Tomato Soup
- Keto Friendly Seafood Chowder
- Cauliflower soup with coconut milk
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Roast carrot and cumin soup
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- MIxed Grain Bread rolls
- Spicy Bean Burgers by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison
- Blanch Vegetables
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Beef Ragu
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli