THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 8 eggs, (I prefer free range)
- 375 grams coconut oil, (You could use lard)
- 100 grams Coconut Flour
- 50 grams raw cacao powder
- 250 grams Raw Honey, (I find this just enough. You could increase or reduce the amount, according to your taste)
- 2 teaspoons Bi-carb soda
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Bean Paste, (Or 2 tbspn vanilla powder or 2 tspn vanilla extract)
- 200 grams Virgin coconut oil
- 200 grams ripe, cold avocado
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 100 grams Raw Honey
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Pre-heat oven to 180 deg. I find with my oven, that 160-170 deg is plenty & I bake the cake for an extra few minutes, to ensure it doesnt dry out or burn.
Grease or line your cake tin. I use the Thermomix pre-cut parchment paper & I grease the sides of the tin. This recipe makes a massive 33x23cm (12″x9&Prime slice. If you want to make a 22cm (8.5&Prime round tin use about 2/3 and if you want to make a 18cm (7&Prime round tin use 1/2.
Melt the coconut oil a little - 1 min, 50 deg, sp 2
Crack eggs into a separate small bowl, one at a time, to ensure they're good eggs before adding to the coconut oil
Add remaining ingredients & mix - 10 sec, sp 7. Scrape sides of bowl & repeat
Pour the cake mix into your pre-prepared tin & bake for 35-40 min, no fan. Do the usual skewer test - poke the cake in the middle & if the skewer comes out clean, the cake is ready. Otherwise, give it an extra 5 min try again.
Cool the cake at room temperature, or refrigerate for a speedier process
Wash & dry the bowl
Add all ingredients into the bowl - mix 20 sec, sp 4
Scrape sides & mix again 20 sec, sp 6
Spread the frosting over the completely cooled cake & refrigerate.
Directly from the Kehoe's Kitchen web site - 'When serving, remove from fridge about 30-45 minutes before to allow butter in sponge to soften.'
I had the cake you see in the image sitting out on a cool day, for about and hour and a half before serving. The textures were perfect. Easy & clean to slice up.
***** EDITED: Makes about 18 regular slices. It's a BIG cake *****
I made a double batch of the cake & the frosting, as I needed to make a layered cake. It served aout 16 children and 16 adults & we still have 1/4 of the cake left. It's in the freezer for healthy, nut-free lunch box treats or that unexpected visitor (or just a healthy chocolate craving).
I also made cupcakes using the same recipe. It made 20 regular size cupcakes.
This recipe is a Thermomix adaptation of the Kehoe's Kitchen 'Best Ever Chocolate Mud Cake'. Enjoy! I'd love to hear what you think.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lemon Bliss Balls
- Apricot Macadamia Crackers
- Chocolate Mint Biscuits
- Mum's Shortbread
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cake
- Peanut Butter Biscuits
- Choc Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Walnut choc chip meringue cake
- Yummy Rocky Road
- Fructose free, dairy free cinnamon cookies
- Cranberry chocolate snack bars
- Vegan chocolate, raspberry and pistachio layer cake
- Fruit Snack Bars
- Moroccan-Spiced Silverbeet
- No Bake, Nut Free Muesli Bars
- GF, NF, DF, EF, Vegan Lunchbox Snack Bars
- Raw Healthy Snack Bars (Nut-Free)
- Middle Eastern Beef Kofta (Kafta)
- Festive Nougat
- Variation Tiramisu with a Twist - Smilomisu
- Peanut Butter Bites
- Paleo Pancakes
- Healthy Twix Bites
- Healthy Express Carrot Cake