THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 450 grams sugar, White (2 Cups)
- 240 grams flour, High Grade Flour (2 Cups)
- 1 level teaspoon baking powder
- 2 level teaspoons baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 45 grams cocoa, (¼ Cup)
- 225 grams Boiling water, (1 Cup)
- 100 grams canola oil, (½ Cup)
- 2 eggs
- 245 grams full cream milk, Could replace with almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Put oven on to 180 degress (or 170 if fan oven)
Put the first 6 dry ingredients into the bowl in order listed.
Add Boiling water and mix for 30 seconds on speed 5.
Add rest of ingredients in listed order.
Mix 20 seconds Speed 5. Use spatula to scrape mixture from the sides. Mix for 20 seconds again on Speed 5.
Check all mixed in.
Poor into lined cake tin (I used 21cm diameter and 6cm deep).
Bake in middle of oven. Check after 40 mins, if skewer doesn't come out clean - cover with baking paper (to prevent top from over cooking) and cook for further 3-5 mins. Check with skewer and take out when comes out clean.
Leave in tin for 5 mins, then take out and leave on a wire rack.
For the icing:
I used Chocolate Ganache from The Basic Cook Book page 76.
For the nest:
I used Chocolate tempur recipe from this recipe community, then piped 'twigs' over a bowl lined with baking paper. Left over night in fridge.
To make cake (This one was for Easter)
This recipe can be doubled to make several large cakes or a large cake and 16 cupcakes.
It is a delicious moist 'mud cake' consistency. Best eaten with a fork!
Picture shows my Easter cake last year.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate Coconut Slice
- Gingerbread sweet potato slice
- Chocolate Panforte
- Peanut butter short bread
- Nigella's Chocolate Gingerbread
- Double layer chocolate frosted Birthday cake
- Healthy Chocolate, Raspberry and Blueberry muffins
- Choc Quinoa Brownie
- Easy Almond Bread/ Biscotti
- Reduced Sugar Dairy Free Brownies (GF)
- American Banana Bread
- choc ripple truffle balls