- 240 g butter beans, washed and drained if from a can (need 400g tin for this)
- 100 g coconut oil
- 110 g Coconut sugar, or rapadura/panela
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 lemons (zest and juice roughly 80g juice)
- 120 g Desiccated Coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1.Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees and grease and line a 20-22cm springform cake tin with baking paper
2. Add 70g of desiccated coconut into bowl and mill into coconut flour 1 min/speed 10. Put aside for later.
3. Mix coconut oil and sugar speed 5/ 30 seconds
4. Add eggs, vanilla extract, lemon juice, lemon zest and beans and mix speed 7 / 20 seconds
5. Add reserved coconut flour, bicarb soda, baking powder and left over 50g desiccated coconut and mix on speed 6 for 20 seconds.
6. Pour batter into greased tin and cook 30-40 minutes until skewer inserted into cake comes out clear. Dont over cook as you want a nice moist cake.
7. Let cake cool on rack and then ice with cream cheese icing from EDC/Basic book.
This cake is gluten free and nut free and full of protein
This recipe was adapted from forking foodie websites version of this cake
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Super simple Orange and poppy seed cake...perfect for kids to make!
- Pumpkin spiced cookies
- The Best butter cream frosting
- Date, Apricot and Orange Scones
- Stem ginger in Syrup
- Failed Macaron/Meringue AKA Overwhipped egg white kisses
- Banana Muffin - Cafe Style
- Fudgy Paleo Brownie
- Banana Bread
- Easy Chocolate Slice
- Elles Ultimate Chocolate Cake
- Yorkshire Parkin (Gingerbread slice)
- Moist white chocolate and vanilla mud cake with cream cheese icing
- Moist Vanilla mud cupcakes
- My friend Gail's DATE AND GINGER MUFFINS
- Cranberry Cosmopolitan
- chocolate peanut butter frosting
- Parsnip cake with cream cheese icing
- LYCHEE AND MINT KIDS BIRTHDAY SLUSHIES
- Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies Sandwhiches
- RAINBOW white bean birthday cake
- Morning Glory muffins (converted from Nico Moretti's Cooking Passions cookbook)
- Chermoula marinated chicken with moroccan beans and quinoa
- Rainbow cake with cream cheese icing