- 1kg plums, cut and fanned out
- 140 g Self Raising Flour
- 140 g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 120 g sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla, extract or paste
- 125 g Butter, softened
- 3 tsp raw sugar, for sprinkling
1) Cut plums. Run a knife down either side of the plum pip but don't cut through to the bottom then cut open the cheeks until they fan out quite flat. The picture should help explain.
2) Add 120g sugar to TM bowl and mill 15sec/speed 9.
3) Add all other ingredients except plums to the bowl and mix for 30-40sec/speed 4 or until combined.
4) Tip out mixture (or scrape out with spatula) onto a floured surface and gently give it a little knead with floured hands.
5) Press mixture onto baking paper lined oven tray until it covers the tray. Push fanned out plums onto mixture in rows until covered.
6) Bake for 30mins on 180 degrees or until edge is golden.
7) When you remove cake from oven sprinkle on remaining sugar. Enjoy.
-Ruby blood plums or any plum with a black or dark red inside work best for this cake. I couldn't find them so used yellow flesh ones this time.
-You can sprinkle this with flaked almonds for some crunch if you like.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.