- 260 g caster sugar
- 140 g vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 375 g honey
- dash vanilla extract
- 165 g plain flour
- 165 g Self Raising Flour
- 1 heaped teaspoon bicarb soda
- 280 g hot tap water
- 30 g cocoa powder
1h 15minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add sugar, oil, honey, vanilla and eggs to TM bowl.
Mix on speed 4 for 20 seconds.
Add the plain flour and 140g of hot tap water and mix on speed 4 and 10 seconds.
Add the self raising flour, bi-carb soda and cocoa powder and another 140g of hot tap water.
Mix on speed 4 for 10 seconds.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix on speed 4 for another 10 seconds.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
Grease one large cake tin (without a removable base as the mixture is liquid) or 2 medium loaf tins. Sprinkle and base/s and sides of the cake tin/s with breadcrumbs tipping out any excess. This prevents the cake from sticking to the tin.
Pour the mixture into the cake tin/s and bake for 40-60 minutes (depending on the size of the tins you are using) or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool before turning out of the tin.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Banana and white chocolate brownies
- Lemon Slice
- **Sugar free, egg free, dairy free** Apple , banana and carrot baby/toddler muffins
- White Chocolate and Raspberry slice
- Banana & Caramilk Muffins
- Oaty ginger crunch
- Cinnamon slice
- Jersey Caramel Slice
- Rhubarb Cake
- Choc almond bliss balls
- Hearty Ginger Slice
- Dulce de Leche/Caramel thumb-print cookies
- Satay noodle salad
- Cacao turmeric latte
- Sesame and Linseed Gluten free bread
- Meatloaf with Honey Mustard Glaze
- Raw Jaffa Slice
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Healthy chocolate weetix slice
- Sweet Curry Granola Bar
- Apple Banana Muffins
- Gluten free Honey & Chocolate chip cookies (egg free and dairy free options)
- Carrot zucchini apple muffins
- Peanut Butter Bark (Protein Bar)