- 125 grams unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 40 g stem ginger, (approx. 3 lumps)
- 125 grams Dark Brown Sugar
- 100 grams golden syrup
- 100 g black treacle
- 2 tablespoons Syrup, stem ginger
- 250 gram self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 240 g full cream milk
1h 0minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a bread tin (27 cm x 11 cm) to with baking paper.
- Place stem ginger into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7.
- Add butter, golden syrup, treacle and 2 tablespoons of syrup from the stem ginger jar and heat 4 min/98°C/speed 1.
- Add flour, ground ginger, cinnamon, mixed spice, bicarbonate soda and a pinch of salt mix 30 sec/speed 4.
- Add milk and eggs and mix 1 min/speed 4. transfer into the prepared loaf tin and bake (180°C) 35 - 40 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool completely in tin. Once cool and wrap in foil for 24-48 hours before serving. The longer the cake is left wrap the tastier and sticker the cake will become.
Substitute Self-raising flour for gluten-free self-raising flour
For even more ginger add 50 g of chopped crystallised ginger
To make your own Stem Ginger see my Stem Ginger recipe on recipe community
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Adrian Richards Banana Bread
- Family Chocolate Cake
- Caramilk Chunk Cookies
- Butter Cut Out Biscuits
- The perfect lemon tart
- Bubblegum Berry gummies
- Triple chocolate chip biscuits
- Corn Flake Crunch Cookies
- Paleo Meringue
- Grammy’s and Aunt Shirley’s Almond Cookies
- Cowgirl Cookies
- Choc Cranberry Muesli Bars