- 200 g chocolate, 70% cocoa solids
- 250 g Butter, Room temperature
- 200 g sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 level tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 heaped tablespoons self-raising flour, (wholemeal is fine)
- 4 --- eggs
- 1 piece fresh ginger, thumb-sized, finely chopped/microplaned (optional)
8Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
Add all ingredients except for eggs into Thermomix. The salt is added to intensify the chocolate flavour, and ginger is added if desired as it goes splendidly with chocolate.
On Speed 10, mix all the ingredients together for 10 seconds. Add an egg and turn onto Speed 8, cracking in the remaining eggs as it mixes. Once the eggs have been incorporated, use the spatula to ensure all ingredients are thoroughly mixed together. Preparation is done!
Line a large baking tray with baking paper. To do this, it is useful to scrunch the required paper up into a ball then run under water from the tap, as the paper will mould to the tray. Pour the mixture into the baking tray to achieve a 1 inch thickness across the tray (this is important as it allows the short cooking time outlined below). If desired, you can top with nuts or orange zest.
Place the tray into the preheated oven. Cook for 12-14 minutes, checking carefully after the 12 minute mark. You want the edges to spring back when pressed but the centre to be less cooked so it is 'gudgy'. Remember that it will continue to cook when you take it out of the oven, so it is best to undercook rather than overcook.
Once cooked, remove from the oven and place the brownie on a wire rack to cool. Enjoy by itself or warmed with icecream!
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- My almost Paleo Choc Pear Cupcakes
- Variation Fruit and Almond Tart
- Wholefood Orange Quinoa Muesli slice
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Choc Salted Caramel Slice
- PECAN PIE
- Small bake Nutella muffins
- Chocolate Bean Cake with Coconut Butter Cream
- Ginger Loaf
- Vita Brit Slice
- Judith's Hedgehog Slice
- Banana, Coconut & Walnut Loaf With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Almond Bread