- 1 lemon, zest only (juice used in filling below)
- 200 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 level tsp salt
- 300 g Flour, Self Raising
- 170 g coconut milk
- 100 g coconut milk
- 50 g sugar
- 40 g lemon juice, (if lemon juiced from cake is not 40g, top up with water)
- 1 pinches salt
- 10 g cornflour
- 130 g coconut milk, (or whatever is left from your can/pkt of coconut milk from above)
- 90 g sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 pinches salt
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C. Grease & line a round ~25cm cake tin.
- Peel lemon zest into TM bowl and mill 20 seconds speed 9. Add in sugar for the cake and mill 20 seconds speed 9. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Measure butter into TM bowl and mix 20 seconds speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Fit butterfly into bowl. Cream butter-sugar mixture for 4 minutes speed 4. Scrape down sides of bowl
- Set timer to 1 minute and start blades turning on speed 4. Drop eggs one at a time through hole in lid. Add salt at the end of the eggs to mix in the last 10-20 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl and remove butterfly
- Measure 150g SR flour into the bowl and mix 5 seconds speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl and pour coconut milk into bowl. Mix 10 seconds speed 5. Add in remaining 150g flour and mix a final 10 seconds speed 5.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin and bake 40-50 minutes at 160 degrees C until cooked through. Set aside to cool completely in the tin
- Rinse out TM bowl. Does not need to be completely dry for next step
- Meanwhile, while cake is baking, measure all filling ingredients into TM bowl.
- Cook 7 minutes 90 degrees speed 4
- Scrape filling into a bowl, cover surface with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator until cake is cooled.
- Rinse bowl and once cake cooked, proceed with syrup below
- Place all syrup ingredients into TM bowl. Cook 100 degrees for 5 minutes speed 4.
- Split cooled cake into three layers. Drizzle each layer with syrup and sandwich with coconut filling
- As an added option if serving for a special occasion can decorate with whipped cream and coconut shavings.
Lemon coconut filling
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Adrian Richards Banana Bread
- Family Chocolate Cake
- Caramilk Chunk Cookies
- Butter Cut Out Biscuits
- The perfect lemon tart
- Bubblegum Berry gummies
- Triple chocolate chip biscuits
- Corn Flake Crunch Cookies
- Paleo Meringue
- Grammy’s and Aunt Shirley’s Almond Cookies
- Cowgirl Cookies
- Choc Cranberry Muesli Bars