- 250 grams plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 grams unsalted butter, chilled, roughly chopped
- 50 grams icing sugar, Made in the TM
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 Limes, Juiced
- 1 lemon, Juiced
- 200 grams caster sugar
- 160 grams thickened cream
- 5 eggs
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place flour, butter and salt into mixing bowl. Mix 10 seconds/ Speed 6.
Add the egg yolks one at a time through the mixing bowl lid and knead 30 seconds
Transfer onto thermomat and knead it into a tight ball. Wrap in cling wrap and place into fridge for a minimum of 15 minutes.
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
Once chilled. Cut pastry into 8 portions (i used small tart tins to make these, however you could make 1 large one easily)
Greese tart tins well- Roll pastry out approx 4mm thick and line each tart tin bottom and sides (try and make sure the pastry is a nice even thickness)
Place baking paper in each and fill with rice to blind bake
Place into oven for 10-15 minutes
Make lemon lime filling while pastry is blind baking
Put lemon juice, lime juice, cream and sugar into TM bowl. Mix 20 Seconds/ Speed 4.
Insert Butterfly wisk
place 5 eggs into bowl and wisk 40 seconds/ speed 4
Poor mixture into the pastry cases and bake 20 minutes or until set.
Lemon Lime Filling
Serve with homemade Vanilla Ice cream
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Budget Brownie
- Chocolate LCM bars - Gluten Free, Nut Free, Sugar Free
- Lemon Slice
- Orange & poppyseed muffins
- Quick Milo Muffins
- Quick & Easy Blueberry Cake
- Breakfast Bliss
- Mel's Oat and Coconut Bars
- Best South African Milktart (Melktert)
- Vegan Banana Bread
- Variation 30 Second Whole Orange Cake
- 2-4-6-8 Cake (or Muffins)
- Pizza pasta salad
- Chicken and sweet corn soup
- Creamy spinach and mushroom pasta
- Mediterranean Carrot Fritters
- Kumara & Feta Bliss Balls
- Pork apple & fennel meatloaf
- Broccoli, Cauli and Zucchini Soup
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Caribbean Vegan Potato and Chickpea Curry
- Classic Satay Sauce
- Pad see ew
- Chicken Wing & Vege Soup