- 40 g sugar
- 175 g Butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g plain flour
- 20 g Dutch Cocoa
- 25 g cornflour
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 100 g pure cream
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Add sugar and mill for 10 seconds
2. Add butter and vanilla extract and mix 20 sec/sp 2. Scrape down sides of bowl.
3. Mix 1 min/sp 4. Scrape down sides of bowl
4. Mix further 1 min/sp 4. Scrape down sides of bowl
5. Add flour, cornflour and dutch cocoa. Mix 20 sec/sp 5. Scrape down sides of bowl
6. Mix further 20 sec/sp 4 until all ingredients combined.
7. Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees C
8. Get 1/2 tsp measuring spoon and scoop out 1/2 tsp of mixture, roll into ball and place on Oven Mat (or grease proof paper) on baking tray. You will need at least 2 trays. If mixture is too soft then place in fridge for 15 mins to harden up
9. Once all the balls have been formed, get out fork and dip in cocoa and flatten balls so they have the indent. You will need to dip the fork in cocoa after flattening each ball so they don't stick to the fork
10. Bake for 6 minutes in oven and let cool on baking tray or mat
11. To make the ganache filling, cut up pieces of chocolate and grate 5 sec/sp 10. Scrape down sides of bowl
12. Add cream and mix 3 mins/60 deg/sp 2
13. Leave for 10 mins to cool a little and put into piping bag. Pipe filling on underside of biscuit and sandwich together with the other side. You'll need a bit of filling as the biscuits are intentionally dry like shortbread. Filling will harden up when cooled completely
Once you've flattened the dough to form the biscuits, you can freeze to just take out and bake for future use. Put them in the fridge first to firm up before transferring them to container for freezer. Filling will also freeze but will take some time to defrost. Can be made in TM31.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Passionfruit Melting Moments
- Nut Free Muesli Bar
- 5 Ingredient No-bake Rum Balls
- Banana Bread Cafe Style - imperial
- cranberry creamcheese bread roll
- cantonese style egg tart
- Christmas Almond Bread
- Aunty Lois Diabetic Fruit cake
- Left over fruit cake plum pudding truffles
- Chocolate Crackles
- Easy Peasy Creamy Scones
- Coffee chiffon cake with mocha ganache