- 220ml full cream milk
- 80g caster sugar, Plus extra for coating
- 1 sachets instant dried yeast, Or 1 Tablespoon
- 80g Butter unsalted
- 500g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 300ml thickened cream
- 3 heaped tablespoons Nutella
- 3 heaped tablespoons pure icing sugar
3h 0minPreparation 2h 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1) Place the milk, sugar and yeast to the mixing bowl and warm 2 Min. / 37°C / Speed 2.
2)Add the butter chopped into chunks, flour, egg and salt (in this order please) and knead 2 Min. / Kneading Function.
3)Leave to rise in the mixing bowl covered with the lid for 1-2 hours until doubled in size. Or in greased bowl.
4)Once risen, take the dough out of the mixing bowl and tip onto a floured surface or thermo mat.
5)Divide the dough into equal pieces, weighing 20g. Form balls or sausages and place them on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and dusted with flour.
6)Press the down gently to make them a bit flat. Cover with a tea towel and leave to rise of another hour.
7)Heat a deep fat fryer, filled with sunflower, grapeseed or canola oil. OR you can use a large saucepan or fry pan to 150-160°C. On my induction cooktop was heat setting number 5. Don’t over heat oil or they will burn easily! Use a candy thermometer if you are unsure.
8 )Cook 4-6 pieces at a time until golden on each side. Approximately 1min each side as they are small.
Allow to cool slightly. While cooling clean & dry bowl.
9 )Shake 4-6 donuts with extra caster sugar in a large snap lock bag to coat. Set aside to completely cool.
1) Add cream to bowl with butterfly insert. Whip 30sec / sp 3/ Mc on. Scrape down bowl and repeat in 5 sec increments until thick. Scrape down.
2) Add Nutella & icing sugar and mix 5sec/ speed 3/ Mc on. Pipe into top of cold donuts (as pictured). Or into center of donuts.
Accessories you need
To make Nutella cream more enhanced chocolate taste add coco powder!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Thermo Papa's veg loaded pizza sauce
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- Peachy Whip
- JCN Protein Balls (sugar free)
- Zucchini balls
- Zucchini Relish / Pickle
- Zucchini Bread and Butter Pickle
- Plum and Zucchini Relish
- Spicy Apricot BBQ Sauce
- Gluten Free Chocolate Brownie
- 5 Minute Pancakes & Pikelets