- 220 g plain flour
- 200 g white sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 240 g soy milk, or any plant milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 80 g extra virgin olive oil, or canola or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp white vinegar, or apple cider vinegar
- 225 g icing sugar
- 20 g vegan butter
- 2 tbsp soy milk, or any plant milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Fresh strawberries
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line a cake tin or loaf tin with baking paper.
Add all ingredients into "Closed lid" mixing bowl and mix for 20 seconds on speed 4.
Pour batter into tin and place into oven. Cook until skewer comes out clean. approx 40 minutes, but keep checking as all ovens and tins cook differently.
Place cake on cooling rack and once completey cooled, ice it with the Vanilla Icing.
- Add all ingredients into clean mixing bowl "Closed lid" and mix on Reverse "Counter-clockwise operation" speed 2 until smooth. approx 1 minute but keep an eye on it.
Accessories you need
You can make it as one cake and just ice the top of it or divide the batter between 2 baking tins and then ice in the middle and on the top as in the picture. If you are planning to ice it in the middle you may want to double the icing recipe.
Only add fresh strawberries to this cake if you’re going to be eating it right away. The strawberries are a fabulous addition to the flavor of this cake, BUT they run and can cause sogginess. So if you are keeping this cake for a few days, then either don’t use strawberries at all or just add some strawberry slices directly to the individual cake slices when served. Lasts in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Recipe adapted from Loving It Vegan - Vegan Vanilla Cake
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chelsea Winter’s Afghan Biscuits
- Japanese cotton cheesecake
- Chocolate Scottish Tablet (Crumbly Chocolate Fudge)
- Chocolate Cake
- Easy Gluten Free Blueberry & Ricotta Cake
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins
- Moreish Coffee Streusel Slice
- DATE, APRICOT AND CRANBERRY LOAF
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Chocolate Meringue Brownie Cake
- Melting Moments
- Chocky Rock Biscuits - Cornflake and choc chip biscuits
- The Best Ever Vegan Vegetable Bake
- Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- Petite Vegan Lemon Drizzle Cake
- Vegan Carrot Cake
- Not So Fried Rice
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara
- Vegan Tofu Ricotta Lasagna Roll Ups
- Golden Gaytime Slice
- Creamy Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
- Lebanese Kafta
- Ejjeh (Lebanese Omelette)
- Maccas Cheeseburgers