- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 180 g water (180mL)
- 300 g raw almonds
- 1 lemon, zest strips only
- 45 g brown rice flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60 g extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g Rapadura Sugar
- 2 pears, thinly sliced
- 40 g sliced almonds
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat oven 180C .
Line the base and sides of a spring-form 23 cm cake tin.
Combine chia seeds and water in a small bowl and set aside 5 mins. Stir, then leave a further couple of mins
Add almonds and zest strips into TM bowl and mill 40 sec/speed 10
Add flour, baking powder, spices and salt to the TM bowl and combine
30 sec/speed 4.
SET ASIDE into a small bowl.
Combine vanilla, olive oil, sugar and the reserved chia seed mixture for
40-60 sec/speed 8
Add reserved dry ingredients and combine well 30 sec/speed 4
Pour cake mixture into tin and spread out evenly. Cover top of cake with the pear slices and scatter over the sliced almonds.
Bake for 50-60 mins.
Remove from oven and cool in tin for 10 mins before transferring to a cooling rack. Serve warm or room temp with a dollop of whipped sweetened coconut cream or cashew cream
To sweeten coconut cream, you can use maple syrup, honey (not vegan), or coconut nectar. I used the nectar part of Organic Coconut Spread. Add it to the coconut cream then whip. Put the cream in the fridge and it will thicken up to dollop consistency.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate Crunch Slice
- Best Ever Choc Chip Bikkies
- Mexican Chocolate and Banana Cupcakes
- Gluten free chocolate almond chunk cookies
- Dotty's Melting moments
- Chocy Fruity Bicky Slice
- Malt Slice
- Teenee's Butter Icing
- Simplicity Chocolate Cake
- Whole Orange and Poppyseed Cake
- Variation mango passionfruit baked cheesecake
- Healthy Banana and Chocolate Bread
- Satay Chicken Meal
- Lemon (Meyer) or Mandarin Marmalade
- One Jar Passionfruit Butter
- Orange and ginger lemonade
- Keto creamy avocado and coriander lime dressing
- Low Carb Cream Cheese Icing / Frosting
- Babi Rica - Indonesian Spicy Pork Curry
- Ph@tt compatible Broccoli Salad
- Whole Steamed Chicken with Stock
- Delicious healthy version of Lemon Slice - Dairy Free
- Nanna's Lemon Sago