- 200 grams raw sugar
- 225 grams plain flour
- 1/2 tsp Bi-carb soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 170 grams unsalted butter
- 2 eggs, At room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 150 grams Mini MnM's
Recipe is created for
- Preheat oven to 200C and line a muffin tray with 12 muffin cases.
- Weigh raw sugar into mixing bowl and grind for 10 seconds / Speed 9. Transfer into a small bowl and set aside
- Add remaining dry ingredients (excluding the mini MnM's). Mix for 5 seconds / Speed 5. Transfer to a seperate bowl and set aside.
- Weigh unsalted butter into mixing bowl. Mix for 15 seconds / Speed 4-5, or until smooth.
- Add reserved sugar. Mix for 40 seconds / Speed 3.
- Add eggs one at a time whilst mixing / Speed 3.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mix. Stir for 10 seconds / Speed 2 or until ALMOST combined. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl.
- Add half of the sour cream. Stir for 10 seconds / Speed 2 or until ALMOST combined. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl.
- Add 1/2 of the remaining flour mix. Stir for 10 seconds / Speed 2 or until ALMOST combined. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl.
- Add remaining sour cream. Stir for 10 seconds / Speed 2 or until ALMOST combined. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl.
- Add the remainder of the flour mix. Stir for 10 seconds / Speed 2 until ALMOST combined.
Weigh mini MnM's into mixing bowl. Stir for 10-15 seconds / / Speed 3.
Alternatively you can use the spatula and fold the MnM's into the batter.
- Divide the batter among the muffin tray, lined with 12 muffin cases. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the tops are a beautiful golden brown and spring back when touched.
- Leave party cakes in the tray for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
It is important not to over mix the batter or you could end up with tough muffins.
Check the cakes are ready earlier, as over baking will cause them to dry out.
I adapted this recipe to suit the Thermomix and tweaked it to suit my needs at the time. The orginal can be found here http://cleobuttera.com/breakfast-muffins-and-donuts/unbelievable-chocolate-chip-muffins-2/
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Date, Apricot and Orange Scones
- Stem ginger in Syrup
- Failed Macaron/Meringue AKA Overwhipped egg white kisses
- Banana Muffin - Cafe Style
- Fudgy Paleo Brownie
- Banana Bread
- Easy Chocolate Slice
- Elles Ultimate Chocolate Cake
- Yorkshire Parkin (Gingerbread slice)
- Choc chip biscuits
- Vegan banana pancakes
- Paleo Chocolate Brownies GF