- 150 g butter, room temperature, plus extra for greasing
- 250 g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 250 g almonds
- 250 g sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 50 g Amaretto® liqueur (optional)
- 100 g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 80 g pouring (whipping) cream
- fresh berries, for decorating (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease and line a springform cake tin (24 cm) and set aside.
- Place chocolate into mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 9. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Place almonds into mixing bowl and chop 6 sec/speed 6. Transfer into bowl with chocolate and set aside.
- Place sugar, butter, eggs, baking powder, cocoa powder and Amaretto® liqueur (optional) into mixing bowl and mix 20 sec/speed 7.
- Add reserved chocolate and almond mixture and combine 30 sec/speed 6. Pour mixture into prepared tin and bake in centre of the oven for 1 hour (180°C) or until a wooden skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool in tin for 30 minutes then transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place chocolate into mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 8. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add cream and melt 2-3 min/50°C/speed 3.
- Place cooled cake onto a serving plate. Spread ganache over the top of cake, allowing it to run over the sides. Garnish with fresh berries (optional) and serve immediately.
To ensure this recipe is gluten free check the label of your baking powder or make your own. Some commercial brands may contain traces of wheat or gluten.
You can reduce the sugar in this recipe to 150 g if desired.
Seasonal berries of choice are also delicious with this cake.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Bubblegum Berry gummies
- Triple chocolate chip biscuits
- Corn Flake Crunch Cookies
- Paleo Meringue
- Grammy’s and Aunt Shirley’s Almond Cookies
- Cowgirl Cookies
- Choc Cranberry Muesli Bars
- Berry Baked Cheesecake
- Ultimate Sponge (Recipe Sandra Walker)
- Choc Weetbix Bliss Balls
- Decadent Chocolate Chip Biscuits
- Blackberry Muffins
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats