- 200 g buckwheat raw
- 1.5 teaspoons salt, good quality like Celtic, Himalayan or Murray River
- 3 teaspoons psyllium husks
- 100 g almonds, whole
- 200 g sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 teaspoons chia seeds
- 400 g water, boiled, still hot
- 3 tsp agave nectar, or raw honey
- 3 tsp Organic coconut oil
13h 30minPreparation 12h 20minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Mill buckwheat and salt 8 sec/speed 8
Add psyllium husks and mix 5 sec/speed3/
Set aside in a bowl.
Don't wash TM bowl.
Mill almonds 6 sec/speed 6
Set aside in a separate bowl (don't add to milled buckwheat)
Mill sunflower seed 3 - 6 sec/speed 5
Add milled almonds, sesame seed, chia seed, and hot water.
Mix 5 -10 sec/speed 3/ or until thoroughly mixed together
Set aside in a separate bowl and soak for 2 hrs
Heat agave nectar and coconut oil for 3 min/50/speed 2
If you live in the tropics and your oil is liquid, you don't need to do this step
Add buckwheat mixture and soaked mixture and mix well 4-6 sec/speed 8/
Line small bread tin with baking paper
Press dough firmly into it
Cover and let it rest for about 8 to 12 hrs (you can put it in the fridge to rest)
Put it in a cold oven and bake 180 deg for 40 min in tin
Take it carefully out of the tin and bake another 30 min 180 deg
Let it cool down on a roast. Slice and enjoy
It is your choice to mill the seeds/almonds coarser or finer.
You can baste the bread with a bit of water and cover it with seeds before baking.
The recipe is easily adaptable to your taste.
My dear friend Christiane from Body & Skin Care Cairns Beaches gave me this recipe. She uses it in her alkalizing program.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Ultimate Pizza Dough
- Sourdough (in a date loaf tin)
- Crusty French baguettes
- Oatmeal bread
- Gluten Free Tortillas
- Brötchen (German bread rolls)
- Spelt and Pumpkin seed Bread (lower GI, higher protein, multigrain and seeds)
- Langos (Hungarian fried potato bread)
- Sweet potato bread
- Cheese Sandwich
- "Fluffy French Toast w Puddles of Love"
- Rice bread
- Fresh Veg and Chicken Soup with Steamed Chicken
- Lamb Shanks
- Cheats Thermomix Pasta Sauce Napoletana Style
- 'Cafe Style' Carrot Cake
- Quick hash browns
- Spicy sweet potato soup
- Vegetable and Tuna Pattie
- Creamy Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Heydon's Crepes
- Golden Syrup Dumplings-Using Simmering Basket
- Golden Syrup Dumplings using Blade Cover
- Chickpea stuffed zucchini