THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 70 g buckwheat kernals
- 80 g white quinoa or millet
- 60 g chia seeds
- 170 g arrowroot or tapioca starch
- 1 tsp (heaped) instant yeast
- 1 tsp xanthum gum
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda (baking soda)
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 30 g macadamia oil, or olive oil
- 30 g raw honey or rice malt syrup
- 250 g water, at room temperature
Place ingredients into mixing bowl and mill 1 min/speed 9. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add dry ingredients and mix 10 sec/speed 6.
Add wet ingredients and mix 10 sec/speed 6, or until dough comes together. (It will be a very thick, sticky dough)
If you like, you can sprinkle the loaf with a little water and use the back of a spoon to smooth the surface. Cover loosely with a plastic bag (so it doesn't touch the dough) and leave to rise for at least an hour, or until dough rises approx. 2cm. (It won't rise as high as gluten bread, but the texture will be lovely.)
Preheat oven to 170 degrees. Place bread in oven and cook for an hour, or until nicely browned. Turn out of bread tin and check underneath the loaf to make sure it's browned all over. If not, cook for another 5 to 10 minutes upside down, to brown underneath. Allow to cool on a rack before slicing.
If you'd like to prepare the dough ahead to cook later, place the covered dough in the fridge and leave to rise for at least 3 hours, or even overnight. When ready to bake, uncover and place into cold oven and turn oven on to 170C. Bake for an hour or so, until loaf is browned all over. (Turn over to bake underneath if needed.)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Steamed Slider Buns
- Gluten Free Vegan Cob Loaf
- Orange choc chip hot cross buns
- Healthy, Moist Banana Bread
- jamies garlic tear and share
- Tabbouleh Bread
- Italian Nino's Focaccia
- Banana bread
- European style rolls
- Cauliflower buns/rolls (No grains / gluten / nuts / soy / diary) Paleo / LCHF
- LCHF, Paleo, Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Nut Free buns
- Christmas roast turkey
- Lemon coconut balls
- Double Whammy Chocolate Cake
- Flourless chocolate coconut cake with marbled ganache
- Vietnamese fish curry with sticky rice
- Raw Macadamia Lime Cheescake
- Wholemeal Spelt Challah
- Creamy Chicken & Brown Rice Soup
- "Almost Raw" Dairy Free Chocolate
- Flourless Pecan Cake
- Cashew Cream
- Dairy Free Chocolate Mousse
- Beef Cheeks on Mashed Cauliflower & Baby Carrots
- Steamed Slider Buns
- Alkalising Green Smoothie
- Macadamia,Cranberry & Pepita Anzac Biscuits
- Low Salicylate Carob Sweet Potato Brownies
- Jam tart daisies
- Gluten Free Pizza Base x2
- Chicken Casserole
- Oat & Coconut Cookies Gluten, Dairy & Sugar free
- Almond & Oat Milk
- Choc Topping- Paleo or not
- Hummus with White Miso (Andrew Zimmern)