- 200 g fresh milk
- 2 heaped teaspoons Dry active yeast
- 100 g raw sugar
- 300 g bread flour
- 300 g cake flour, or SR flour
- 1 level tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 20 g canola oil
- 100 g Butter, softened
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Put milk in the TM bowl and heat it up at 37 degrees for 1 minute, speed 2.
2. Add yeast and sugar, "Closed lid" close lid, set timer at 2 minutes, 37 degrees, 2 minutes.
3. Add all remaining ingredients, "Closed lid" close lid, and mix for 6 seconds, speed 5 then "Dough mode" knead for 6 minutes.
4. Transfer dough on the thermomat or an oiled bowl, smoothen into a ball. Prove for one hour. If using a bow, cover it with cling wrap and put warm wet kitchen towel.
5. Place dough into oevn thermomat or an oven tray and divide into 3 logs. Sprinkle with generous amount of breadcrumbs.
6. Slice to desired sizes and arrange. Make sure there is sufficient room between each roll as they will double in size as they bake. Rest for 15 minutes.
7. Put in a cold oven and bake for 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Serve and enjoy Make sure to keep the bread in an air tight container to avoid from drying up.
Accessories you need
Pandesal (pandesal) is a Filipino comfort food that literally translates to "bread with salt". Over the centuries, it's been modified as Filipinos enjoy it more with a little sweetness hence we added the sugar.
I always start to bake my breads in a cold oven as I found out that it gives more room to prove with a lighter bread. It's just something that I picked up along the way in my thermomix journey.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Popcorn Chicken
- Egg Free Brioche
- Roti Boy
- Simple Gluten Free Pizza Bases
- Gourmet crackers
- Torcetti al burro
- Gluten free lemon meringue pie
- Orange drizzle cake
- Apple & Walnut Muffins - Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Cheesecake (with dairy free option)
- Pork Pot Stickers
- Vegetable Stock Paste - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly