- 300ml water
- 1&1/2tsp dry yeast, Or 15g compressed
- 150g cooked rice, Still warm
- 1 tsp salt
- 600g bread flour
- 2tsp bread improver
2h 40minPreparation 2h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Weigh water into the TM , add the yeast and mix at 37C, Sp 1, 2min.
- add the flour, salt, rice and bread improver and knead 6min.
- Turn the dough out into a greased bowl. Cover loosely and leave to rest in a warm spot till doubled in size. (About 45m- 1 hr)
- Place a heavy Dutch oven (or similar- cast iron) into the oven and pre-heat to 220C.
Knock the dough down and form into a log or cob shape depending on your pot. Position onto a large piece of baking paper and make several sharp cuts along the top of the loaf. Sprinkle with flour and cover loosely.
Leave to rise for another 30-45 min or till doubles in size again
- Carefully remove the hot pan from the oven and place the loaf inside, still on the baking paper. Replace the lid and return to the oven for 30min.
- Remove the lid and continue to call ok for another 10 min.
- Remove the loaf from the pot and leave to cool on a rack.
Accessories you need
You can cook 1/2 cup of rice as required but I used leftover cooked rice and warmed it before adding to the dry ingredients.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.