- 160 g Digestive biscuits
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 500 g Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 50 g sour cream
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 370 g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 150 g macadamia nuts, toasted
- 100 g pouring (whipping) cream
- icing sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 140°c. Line the base of a springform cake tin (20 cm) with baking paper and set aside.
- Place biscuits into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 8. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Place 40 g of the butter into mixing bowl and melt 3 min/50°C/speed 1.
- Add biscuit crumbs and mix 8 sec/speed 4. Transfer into prepared cake tin and press evenly into base and set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla and 120 g of the caster sugar into mixing bowl and blend 30 sec/speed 7 or until smooth. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Mix speed 2, adding 2 of the eggs, 1 at a time through hole in mixing bowl lid. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Mix 10 sec/speed 4, adding remaining 2 eggs, 1 at a time through hole in mixing bowl lid or until just combined.
- Pour over biscuit base, then bake for 50 minutes (140°C), until just set. Turn oven off and leave in oven for 30 minutes with door ajar. Remove from oven and set aside to cool (approx. 30 minutes). Place into refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Line a baking tray (30 x 40 cm) with baking paper and set aside.
- Place a bowl onto mixing bowl lid and weigh 90 g of caster sugar into it. Set bowl aside. Place seperate bowl onto mixing bowl lid and weigh macadamia nuts into it. Set bowl aside.
- Place a large saucepan onto medium-high heat and add reserved caster sugar. Allow sugar to slowly melt, without stirring, to a golden caramel colour. Remove from heat, add reserved macadamia nuts and stir to coat. Working quickly transfer onto prepared baking tray (try and seperate into individual nuts) and set aside to cool. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place a bowl onto mixing bowl lid and weigh cream into it. Set bowl aside. Place a seperate bowl onto mixing bowl lid and weigh remaining 60 g butter and remaining 160 g caster sugar into it. Place a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat and add butter and sugar. Stir until sugar has dissolved and is a caramel colour (approx. 20 minutes). Carefully add cream (as it may spit) and stir until smooth. Set aside to cool for approximately 30-40 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from refrigerator. Place onto serving plate and pour cooled caramel sauce over the top. Top with reserved macadamina nuts and dust with icing sugar (optional) before serving.
Recipe contributed by Brett McGregor.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mango fruity ice cream
- *BEST* Lamingtons *EVER*
- Peppermint Mint Choc Chip Bliss Balls
- Delicious Bliss Balls
- I want more slice
- Healthy Coconut & Almond Chocolates
- Mocha Bliss Balls
- Raw Cacao Balls by Domestic Thermominx
- NZ Lolly Log Cake
- Raw Lemon Protein Ball
- Chocolate fudge sauce
- Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding
- Mini monsters
- Pizza base
- Chocolate quinoa cake with peanut butter frosting
- Cranberry and coconut toasted cereal
- Potato bake
- Steamed chicken breast, fresh ground polenta, pumpkin foam
- Pad see ew
- Beef and three-vegetable puree
- Pork Belly Ramen
- Celebration saffron and sage bread with ginger butter
- MULLED CIDER
- Beef cobbler with polenta dumplings