- 250 g Butter
- 1 can Condensed milk.
- 120 g Shredded coconut
- 500 g Marie biscuits
- 1 lemon, Rind Only
- 400 g icing sugar
- 50 g lemon juice
- 50 g Shredded coconut
- half lemon rind
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Line the Baking Tray with Aluminium Foil (shiny side up). Note, this recipe makes a LARGE slab and I use a big baking tray approx 30 x 20cm.
Add biscuits to bowl and crush for 3 seconds on speed 6 or until desired consistency. I like a mixture from fine to size of small fingernail. Remove from bowl and set aside. Clean & dry bowl.
Add Butter & Condensed Milk to bowl and melt for 4 mins, 60 degrees, speed 1.
Add Biscuits back into bowl with butter & milk and also add Coconut and Lemon Rind. I use microfile to grate lemon straight into bowl. Mix for 20 - 30 seconds REVERSE speed 4 until combined. You may need to use spatula to assist.
Press biscuit base mixture into lined tin VERY firmly. I use a BBQ mate to ensure all pressed in firmly, evenly and into corners. Set aside. Clean and dry bowl.
1. Toast Shredded Coconut. I do this on a pan on the stove but keep an eye on it as it toasts quickly!
2. Place Icing Sugar into bowl with Lemon Juice and Grated Lemon Rind and combine on Speed 2. Keep an eye on this through lid. You may need to adjust slightly for right consistency. If too dry add drops of water. If too runny add slightly more Icing Sugar. You want it to be very thick and just pourable.
3. Spread Icing over base making a nice even top. You can use the aid of a warm knife to spread nicely.
4. Sprinkle toasted Coconut over the icing evenly.
5. Place in the fridge to set for min 3 hours.
NOTE!!!! This makes a LARGE slab using a big baking tray approx 30 x 20cm. You can halve the recipe.
I use store bought icing sugar. If you mill your own icing sugar from raw sugar it will have an off white/brown colour..
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gingerbread Syrup
- Nanna's Tea Cake
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Choc mint cheese cake
- Quick fruit sponge
- Pretty in pink - ruby chocolate dessert
- Strawberry Cheesecake - no bake
- Classic chocolate fudge
- Vegan Peanut Butter/Caramel Sauce
- Green Goodness Chocolate Brownie Balls - Paleo & Vegan
- Raw Coconut Rough - paleo & vegan
- Chocolate & Peppermint Bliss Balls