- 230 g rice
- 70 g potato flour
- 70 g arrowroot flour
- 90 g sorghum flour
- 400 g rice milk
- 3/4 tsp Psyllium husk
- 2 eggs, (if you can&#039;t have eggs, try adding another 1/2tsp psyllium husk, mixed and soaked in extra 2T milk)
- 90 g Ghee
- 1 tbsp Rice malt syrup
- 15 g baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Low salicylates, low amines, low glutamates, gluten free, dairy free (check ghee is suitable). FAILSAFE, suitable for RPAH elimination diet.
Turn on waffle iron so can pre-heat while making waffle mixture.
In a medium sized jug/bowl, add psyllium husk to rice milk & let stand.
Add rice to dry TM bowl & mill for 90 sec, sp 9. Scrape down.Mill for further 1 minute, sp 9 to get extra fine.
Add remaining flours & combine 10 sec, sp 4. Remove & set aside.
Add eggs to TM bowl. Whizz 15-20 sec, sp 9.
Add all remaining ingredients, including flours & milk mixture. Combine 10sec, sp 4.
Scrape down sides. Mix further 10sec, sp 4.
Lightly grease waffle iron with extra ghee.
Pour onto iron & cook.
ENJOY with sliced bananas (moderate amines) & maple syrup or your favourite topping!
Recipe Source: The Truthful Kitchen. Used with permission.
Note: You can substitute for your own mix of gluten free flours if you prefer, though I do find this to be a good blend for this recipe. If you have a fussy gluten junkie in your home who doesn’t like the hint of taste of sorghum flour in them, you can omit & increase the amount of potato & arrowroot flours, or use cornflour as a substitute, which will give a more neutral taste than the sorghum.You’ll also notice that my recipes don’t contain tapioca flour, guar gum or xantham gum. If you can tolerate these, you’re welcome to substitute. If using gums, you can leave out the psyllium husk.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Choc mint cheese cake
- Quick fruit sponge
- Pretty in pink - ruby chocolate dessert
- Strawberry Cheesecake - no bake
- Classic chocolate fudge
- Vegan Peanut Butter/Caramel Sauce
- Green Goodness Chocolate Brownie Balls - Paleo & Vegan
- Raw Coconut Rough - paleo & vegan
- Chocolate & Peppermint Bliss Balls
- Raw Blueberry Cashew Cheesecake (Dairy Free)
- Mango, coconut and lychee icy poles
- Chicken & Vegetable Pie
- Middle Eastern BBQ'd Pumpkin Bread
- Savoury Biscotti
- Alkalising GF/DF/EF/YF bread
- Raw Choc Covered Christmas Pudds
- Pecan and Maple Syrup slice
- Luxurious Oatmeal Milk Bath
- Ultimate Vegan Cleansing Salad
- Green Smoothie Muffins
- Quick fruit sponge
- Raw Tahini Dressing
- Fresh tomato tart