- 175 g pitted dates, chopped
- 300 g Boiling water
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 60 g Butter
- 200 g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 225 g Self Raising Flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 pears, cored and cut into thin slices
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Grease a round springform cake tin and line the bottom with baking paper.
Place a bowl on top of the mixing bowl lid. Weigh in chopped dates and add boiling water and baking soda. Set aside to cool.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
Place butter and sugar into mixing bowl and mix for 10 sec/speed 4.
Add vanilla and eggs into mixing bowl and mix for 10 sec/speed 4.
Scrape down sides of bowl and add flour and ginger.
Mix ingredients for 30 secs/speed 2 with MC off, slowly adding liquid from date mixture into mixing bowl.
Add remaining date mixture and mix for 10 sec/speed 2 on reverse.
Arrange pear slices in a concentric circle around the base of the tin, placing a few slices in the centre. Pour batter over the top and smooth evenly to fully cover the pears.
Bake for 30 - 45 min until golden and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Stand for at least 10 minutes before turning upside down onto a serving platter and removing the baking paper.
This dessert keeps well for a day or two or can be frozen. Thaw and serve warm. Heat it in the oven for 10 minutes or microwave it for 2 - 3 minutes.
Goes nicely with a toffee or caramel sauce
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick Mix Vanilla Ice Cream
- Delectable Vanilla Fudge
- Easy Crepe Recipe
- Impossible Pie
- Vegan no bake energy balls (birthday cake) from The Edgy Veg
- Converted Healthy Mummy chocolate weetbix slice
- Lavender Icecream
- No-bake hazelnut slice
- White Nectarine & Pink Lady Sorbet
- Gluten Free Fruit Crumble
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Hot Cross Buns with plain flour
- Traditional ANZAC biscuits
- Gluten free cheesecake caramel slice
- Apple and cinnamon muffins
- Gluten Free Anzac Biscuits
- raspberry & coconut slice
- Lisa's Banana Muffins
- Hot cross buns
- Protein bars
- Chocolate Crackle Egg Nests
- Sweet curry with crumbed chicken on cous cous
- CREAM FILLED ECLAIRS WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE