THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 20 grams star anise
- 20 grams Sichuan pepper
- 20 grams fennel seeds
- 20 grams cloves
- 20 grams cinnamon
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander, roots and stalks only
- 100 grams Pork
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon 5 Spice powder
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, or rice wine or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 onion, in 1/4's
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 8 chicken wings
Recipe is created for
See this link for how to tunnel bone chicken wings.
Grind the spices for 20 secs./slowly increasing to speed 10.
Set aside the 5 spice.
In the mixing bowl chop the very well washed and roughly cut corriander stalks and roots for 15 secs./speed 6. Scrape and repeat.
Add the garlic and pork and chop for 10 secs./speed 6.
Scrape down and add the rest of the ingredients. Chop for 5 secs./speed 6 or until the vegetabes are finely minced into the pork.
Stuff your wings and secure the open end with a toothpick. Mine were not full wings (they were missing the 3rd segment) so I had to secure both ends.
Steam for 20 mins./Varoma/speed 3
Preheat your oven to very high (200-250C).
OPTIONAL: glaze the steamed wings with honey and soy or coconut aminos by brushing or drizzling over.
Tunnel Boning the Wings
5 Spice Powder
Stuff and Steam
Bake the Wings
Accessories you need
If you have made my 5 Spice Braised Pork Belly then you can use the braising liquid as a glaze for these before roasting.
Can be served with Cauli Rice or with other Asian dishes as part of a buffet style meal. Or serve as a lovely starter with a great talking point as people look for the bones!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef Burger Patties
- Paleo/keto Cajun chicken snitty & slaw
- Kefta and Potato Casserole with Lebanese Rice
- Xanthe’s Butter Chicken
- Creamy chicken, bacon, mushroom & veggie pie filling
- Lamb Rogan Josh
- Bao Buns
- Thai Chicken and Pork Balls
- Chicken & Veg Galette
- Variation Clone of Chicken Enchiladas - Lauren
- Mouthwatering Meatloaf with Sensational Sauce
- Chicken Thai Green curry
- Paleo Chicken, Sage & Brandy Pate - Dairy Free Option
- Cream of Smokey Tomato Soup - Paleo, GAPS, Dairy Free, Vegan
- Mexican Baked Rice - Primal Grain Free Option
- Paleo Soft American Style Cookies 3 ways! - Grain & Gluten Free, Vegan option
- Paleo Waffles - Gluten, Grain & Dairy Free
- Paleo Fluffy Waffles with Whipped Coconut Cream - Gluten, Grain & Dairy Free.
- "Un-Fried Cauli Rice" - Paleo, GAPS, Gluten & Grain Free, Vego option
- Paleo ANZAC biscuits (Gluten & Grain Free)
- GAPS & Paleo Zucchini Pancakes - Hidden Veggies
- Delicious Paleo Butter Chicken Curry - Mild (GAPS, gluten & dairy free option)
- 2 ingredient Pumpkin Custard (Dairy, Grain & Gluten Free, GAPS & Paleo)
- Super Silky Paleo Cauliflower & Parsnip Mash