- 50 g peanuts
- 900 g water, boiling
- 500 g Chicken or Pork Mince
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Water. extra
- 1 package medium thickness Rice Noodles, (approx 350g)
- 1 package bean sprouts, (roughly 250g)
- 1 brown onion, large (approx 200g)
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 green chilli, (optional)
- 1.5 tablespoon peanut oil
- 55 g brown or coconut sugar, (Sauce Ingredient)
- 20 g soy sauce or tamari, (Sauce Ingredient)
- 60 g fish sauce, (Sauce Ingredient)
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce, (Sauce Ingredient)
- 80 g Chilli Sauce (Hot or Sweet), (Sauce Ingredient)
- fresh coriander, To taste
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Chop peanuts Sp 5 / 5s. Set aside.
- Add the boiling water to Thermomix bowl. Place a piece of baking paper onto Varoma tray after you have scrunched, wettened and flattened it out.
- Place mince into Varoma dish, making sure to leave a hole in the middle for steam to rise through. Pour eggs, lightly whisked with water, extra, onto baking paper in Varoma tray.
- Cook Varoma / Sp 4 / 5 min. Check omlette is cooked then remove from tray. Continue cooking mince for another 10 min.
- Roll omlette up tightly then slice into thin strips. Once mince is cooked, break apart a little.
- Meanwhile, prepare noodles as per packet directions then drain and place into large ThermoServer along with rinsed bean sprouts and omlette strips. Cover with lid to keep warm.
- Empty water from Thermomix bowl then add onion, garlic and chilli (if using). Chop Sp 5 / 5s then scrape down.
- Add peanut oil then saute on 90C / Sp 3 / 2min.
- Add sauce ingredients to Thermomix bowl and mix Sp 3 / 5s.
- Add mince to Thermomix bowl and cook 90C / Sp 3 / 3min. Hit turbo a few times at the end until mince is broken up to your liking.
- Add everything to ThermoServer, add a generous sprinkle of coriander and mix well. Serve topped with chopped peanuts and lime wedges.
Accessories you need
If your coriander has the roots attached, cut them off, trim and clean before adding to the Thermomix bowl with the onion and garlic - extra flavour!
Stir-fried chicken strips, cooked separately on the stove, can be used in place of mince in this recipe.
I use Squid brand of Fish Sauce and other common brands in Australia and all suit this recipe. If cooking in another country, check your brand of Fish Sauce to ensure it is not labelled 'double strength', as this will result in the sauce tasting too fishy; if labelled 'double strength', reduce amount by half.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef Burger Patties
- Paleo/keto Cajun chicken snitty & slaw
- Kefta and Potato Casserole with Lebanese Rice
- Xanthe’s Butter Chicken
- Creamy chicken, bacon, mushroom & veggie pie filling
- Lamb Rogan Josh
- Bao Buns
- Thai Chicken and Pork Balls
- Chicken & Veg Galette
- Variation Clone of Chicken Enchiladas - Lauren
- Mouthwatering Meatloaf with Sensational Sauce
- Chicken Thai Green curry