- 1 brown onion
- 50 g chives
- 10 g Garlic Cloves (about 3-4 cloves)
- 1/2 Capsicum
- 15 g Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 2 Bayleaves (Dry or fresh)
- 1 Red Chili (Optional), About 5g
- 20 g 4 colour mix Pepper corns
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 100 g rock salt
Blend all ingredients for 10 sec on speed 8. Repeat if necessary. A wet paste should to be created.
Spread thin layer of paste on Thermomat and put in 60ºC oven until dried. This can be 10 to 24 hours, depending on oven settings and thickness of the spread. Best that all is dry before placing back in Thermomix.
Dry out in Dehydrator - place paste in dehydrator for about 8-12 hours on 60ºC. Ensure it is completely dry before placing back in Thermomix.
Once dried, place back in Thermomix and mill for 8 sec on speed 7. Repeat if necessary to get a powder which can be sprinkled over meat (or other food).
Place steak on BBQ. While on BBQ, sprinkle BBQ salt generously on steak. Rest meat as normal and serve hot.
BBQ Steak (Serving Suggestion)
Accessories you need
Use a flavouring salt for roasted potato, chips or stir fries
Use generously in meatball mix or burger patties
Can be used on beef, lamb, pork and vegetables.
Less salt (e.g. 80g) can be used, but remember the salt helps with preserving the mix as well as compliments the flavour. The mix tastes very salty when completed, but once used on the food, it does not taste as salty.
While storing in container, place moisture absorbent sachets in the container as well (I use the ones which I get in some medication containers). This will help keeping it dry for much longer.
Please share your tips and ideas on other uses of this this BBQ spice.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Garlic & Parsley Burgers
- Shepherds pie
- Bel’s Satay Chicken
- Mums white sauce based curried sausages
- Spaghetti Polpette
- Chicken Spesh
- Sausage and Yorkshire Bake
- Red Cottage Pie
- Spice Craft Butter Chicken
- Pan Seared Chicken Breast with Lemon and Taragon Cream
- Devilled Sausages (Healthy Mummy style)
- Spiced lamb flatbread
- Fast Easy GF Spice Carrot and Orange Cake
- Buttered Caramel Popcorn Cupcake
- EASY Apricot and Peach/Nectarine Chutney (South African)
- Hot Cross Fudge
- Gluten Free Cheese and Herb Snack Sticks (Lunchbox)
- "Its all about Christmas" Cupcakes
- Pecan and Date Christmas Tart
- African Surprise Christmas Cocktail (Rooibos)
- Eggnog - Alcohol Free (or not!)
- Halloween Mice and Spiders - Healthy, Nut Free
- Moroccan Style Marinade with Chickpeas
- Rich Milo Cake
- Bulk Batch Mini Quiches 54 - 62 approx
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Shepherds pie
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- Tuna Mornay (Variation)
- PIMPs Pear Sauce
- Fresh Turmeric & Ginger Golden Paste
- Stir Fry Broccoli
- Hommus Cups - WA School Canteen Association Assessed - GREEN
- Foodie Mumma Ren’s Butter Chicken
- Savoury Beef and Vegetable Soup
- Kangaroo Rendang Curry