- 1 brown onion
- 50 g chives
- 10 g Garlic Cloves (about 3-4 cloves)
- 1/2 Capsicum
- 15 g Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 2 Bayleaves (Dry or fresh)
- 1 Red Chili (Optional), About 5g
- 20 g 4 colour mix Pepper corns
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 100 g rock salt
24h 10minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
91st main course 2nd main course Main course Side dish African American Asian Australian Caribbean European Mid East Russian Afternoon tea Breakfast Brunch Dinner Lunch Snack Supper Alcohol-free Baby food Children food Egg free Gluten free Lactose free Non-dairy Vegetarian Nut free Austrian Belgian British & Irish Dutch Eastern European French German Greek Italian Luxembourgian Maltese Mediterranean Polish Portuguese Spanish Scandinavian Swiss Autumn Carnival Chinese New Year Christmas Easter Father's Day Grandparent's Day Halloween Mother's Day New Year’s Eve Ramadan Spring Summer Valentine’s Day Winter BBQ Birthday Buffet Children birthday Everyday Gift Holiday Kids in the kitchen Party Picnic Canadian Latin America Mexican USA Chinese Indian Indonesian Japanese Thai Vietnamese Taiwanese Creative Easy Low budget Natural Quick Egyptian Lebanon Turkey Moroccan South African New Zealand Pastry Rice dish Sauce Vegetable dish
Blend all ingredients for 10 sec on speed 8. Repeat if necessary. A wet paste should to be created.
Spread thin layer of paste on Thermomat and put in 60ºC oven until dried. This can be 10 to 24 hours, depending on oven settings and thickness of the spread. Best that all is dry before placing back in Thermomix.
Dry out in Dehydrator - place paste in dehydrator for about 8-12 hours on 60ºC. Ensure it is completely dry before placing back in Thermomix.
Once dried, place back in Thermomix and mill for 8 sec on speed 7. Repeat if necessary to get a powder which can be sprinkled over meat (or other food).
Place steak on BBQ. While on BBQ, sprinkle BBQ salt generously on steak. Rest meat as normal and serve hot.
BBQ Steak (Serving Suggestion)
Accessories you need
Use a flavouring salt for roasted potato, chips or stir fries
Use generously in meatball mix or burger patties
Can be used on beef, lamb, pork and vegetables.
Less salt (e.g. 80g) can be used, but remember the salt helps with preserving the mix as well as compliments the flavour. The mix tastes very salty when completed, but once used on the food, it does not taste as salty.
While storing in container, place moisture absorbent sachets in the container as well (I use the ones which I get in some medication containers). This will help keeping it dry for much longer.
Please share your tips and ideas on other uses of this this BBQ spice.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Taco rissoles
- Sausages with onion gravy and vegetables
- KFC Chicken at Home
- Claypot Mushroom Chicken Rice
- pull pork stew
- Sesame Oil Whole Chicken - roast using Thermomix!
- alittliebityummy.com Low FODMAP Spaghetti Bolognese
- Minted Lamb Burgers
- Chicken Satay with peanut sauce
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice
- Beef Roghan Josh Curry (GF)
- Fast Easy GF Spice Carrot and Orange Cake
- Buttered Caramel Popcorn Cupcake
- EASY Apricot and Peach/Nectarine Chutney (South African)
- Hot Cross Fudge
- Gluten Free Cheese and Herb Snack Sticks (Lunchbox)
- "Its all about Christmas" Cupcakes
- Pecan and Date Christmas Tart
- African Surprise Christmas Cocktail (Rooibos)
- Eggnog - Alcohol Free (or not!)
- Halloween Mice and Spiders - Healthy, Nut Free
- Moroccan Style Marinade with Chickpeas
- Rich Milo Cake
- Zucchini and Bean Chutney
- Plum and Zucchini Relish
- Spicy Apricot BBQ Sauce
- Dad’s Sauce - Easy and healthy gluten free tomato ketchup.
- Thermomix Fig Salami
- Black Bean Paste (sauce)
- Mango chutney by Sueanne
- Potsticker dumplings and broth
- Vegetable Stew with Risoni
- KFC Chicken at Home
- Gingerbread Shortbread
- BBQ Sauce