- 2 level tbsp plain flour
- 800 grams Beef Chuck Steak, Trimmed cut into 3cm pieces
- 60 grams olive oil
- 2 sticks Celery
- 1 brown onion
- 1 carrot
- 200 grams Swiss Brown Mushrooms, Chopped
- 40 grams tomato paste
- 250 grams Guinness beer
- 500 grams Massel beef stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 sprigs flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 level teaspoons salt
- 1/2 level teaspoons black pepper
1h 15minPreparation 1h 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place flour, salt, pepper in a snap lock bag with steak, seal and shake to coat meat.
2. Heat 30 grams of oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook steak in batches for 3 mins or until browned, transfer to a plate.
3. Add parsley to bowl and chop speed 7 for 3 seconds, set aside as garnish for later
4. Add celery, onion and carrot into mixing bowl and chop 4 seconds on speed 4, or until a roughly chopped consistency is achieved. Scrape down sides of bowl with spatula.
5. Add 30 grams oil and sauté 6 mins/varoma/speed 1
6. Add tomato paste, mushrooms, Guinness beer, stock, beef and bay leaves, cook 30 mins/100oC/reverse/soft speed with simmering basket instead of measuring cup on top of the mixing bowl lid.
7. Scrape down sides of bowl and cook for a further 30 mins/100oC/reverse/soft speed until sauce has thickened, remove bay leaves.
8. Add reserved parsley.
9. Serve with mashed potato
You can turn this recipe into a pot pie by adding mixture into ramekins and topping with sour cream pastry, egg wash and bake in oven at 180 deg for 15 mins or until pasty is browned evenly.
Recipe courtesy of conversion www.taste.com.au/recipes/beef-Guinness-stew
converted for thermomix suitability
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Raulas beef burgers
- Sassy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Nuggets (Paleo & BLW Friendly)
- Thai basil chilli chicken blade cover
- TURKEY & ZUCCHINI BURGERS WITH SUMAC
- Healthy chicken burgers
- Satay Chicken
- Mexican Lasagne - adapted from the Healthy Mummy
- Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Roll
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Peanut Butter Chicken Curry - Healthy Mummy adaption
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Broccoli cheese bites
- Veg biryani
- Mums best ever pasta sauce
- Pate au Pistou
- FAILSAFE PIZZA POCKETS
- Real Deli Chicken
- Failsafe No-mato Sauce
- Supersoft Bread
- Variation Never Fail Fluffy Bread
- Mini Cheese and bacon rolls- pie maker
- Ouma's Banana bread