- 1 Garlic Glove
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves (fresh or dry)
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- a few sprigs of parsley
- 2 leeks, sliced (white part only)
- 150 g carrots, sliced
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 900 g water
- 1000 g veal shoulder, cut into 3cm cubes
- 500 g white mushrooms, sliced
- 50 g Butter
- 50 g plain flour
- 100 g crème fraiche
- 2 egg yolks
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place garlic, thyme, bay leaves, celery, parsley, leeks, carrots, olive oil, salt, pepper, water and veal into mixing bowl and cook 35min/100℃/ speed 1.
Place mushrooms into Varoma dish and cook 10min/Varoma/.
Remove Varoma dish. Drain liquid from the bowl using the simmering basket and reserve the liquid in a jug.
Pour meat and veggies in your thermoserver and set aside.
Pour 400g of the reserved liquid in the bowl, add butter and flour and mix 10sec/speed 5, then cook 5min/100℃/speed 2.
Add crème fraiche and egg yolks and cook 5min/85℃/speed2. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Pour sauce over meat and veggies. Serve with steamed rice.
Blanquette de Veau (veal ragout) is what I call the mother of all French dishes. It’s the ultimate French home cooked meal, very traditional, full of delicate flavours with little effort to make.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Garlic & Parsley Burgers
- Shepherds pie
- Bel’s Satay Chicken
- Mums white sauce based curried sausages
- Spaghetti Polpette
- Chicken Spesh
- Sausage and Yorkshire Bake
- Red Cottage Pie
- Spice Craft Butter Chicken
- Pan Seared Chicken Breast with Lemon and Taragon Cream
- Devilled Sausages (Healthy Mummy style)
- Curry Pea Soup
- Lemon Cupcakes with Young Living Essential Oils
- Pumpkin lasagne
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Chocolate coconut macaroons Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, Egg Free, AIP
- The Daily Mix - Banana Crumble Muffins
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Durban Naan
- Porridge for Two - with spiced fruit
- Banana Nut Bread
- Tuna Mornay