- 1 Garlic Glove
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves (fresh or dry)
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- a few sprigs of parsley
- 2 leeks, sliced (white part only)
- 150 g carrots, sliced
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 900 g water
- 1000 g veal shoulder, cut into 3cm cubes
- 500 g white mushrooms, sliced
- 50 g Butter
- 50 g plain flour
- 100 g crème fraiche
- 2 egg yolks
1h 10minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place garlic, thyme, bay leaves, celery, parsley, leeks, carrots, olive oil, salt, pepper, water and veal into mixing bowl and cook 35min/100℃/ speed 1.
Place mushrooms into Varoma dish and cook 10min/Varoma/.
Remove Varoma dish. Drain liquid from the bowl using the simmering basket and reserve the liquid in a jug.
Pour meat and veggies in your thermoserver and set aside.
Pour 400g of the reserved liquid in the bowl, add butter and flour and mix 10sec/speed 5, then cook 5min/100℃/speed 2.
Add crème fraiche and egg yolks and cook 5min/85℃/speed2. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Pour sauce over meat and veggies. Serve with steamed rice.
Blanquette de Veau (veal ragout) is what I call the mother of all French dishes. It’s the ultimate French home cooked meal, very traditional, full of delicate flavours with little effort to make.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Raulas beef burgers
- Sassy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Nuggets (Paleo & BLW Friendly)
- Thai basil chilli chicken blade cover
- TURKEY & ZUCCHINI BURGERS WITH SUMAC
- Healthy chicken burgers
- Satay Chicken
- Mexican Lasagne - adapted from the Healthy Mummy
- Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Roll
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Peanut Butter Chicken Curry - Healthy Mummy adaption
- Choc Peppermint Fudgey Bean Biscuits- Egg, gluten and nut free.
- Coconut ice coffee kickstarter
- 30 Second Whole Lemon Cake
- Gingerbread Loaf
- Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- White Chocolate and Apricot Hot Cross Buns
- Marinara Sauce
- Easy Peel Steamed Peaches
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Bulletproof Coffee
- Broccoli cheese bites
- Veg biryani