THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley
- 1 bunch corriander
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tbsp paprika (sweet if possible)
- 1 pinch ground red chillies
- 150 g lemon or lime juice or white wine vinegar, can use a mixture of these
- salt and pepper to taste
- 120 g chermoula paste
- 120 g water
- 1 onion (halved)
- 2 cans borlotti or mixed beans
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Vege Stock Concentrate
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander or mint
- 30 g olive oil
- 900 g water
- 300-350 g quinoa (soaked and washed in boiled water), see tips and hints
- 400-500 g Chicken Breast Cubed
- Greek yoghurt, to serve with the meal
1) Place the garlic, parsley and coriander (including roots and stems)in the TM and chop finely 3 sec/ speed 7
2) Add all other ingredients and mix on speed 7 for 10 seconds
3) Use 80g (as desired) of the paste and mix with the cubed chicken, set aside to marinate if possible
4) Set aside the remainder for the moroccan beans in the next step. Any left overs can be kept in a jar for up to a week and use in other dishes (see hints below)
5) Do not wash bowl
1) Chop onion 3 sec/ speed 5 and add oil and saute 2 min/ varoma/ speed soft
2) Into the bowl, add the remaining 80 grams (or as desired) of chermoula paste, add the beans, honey, stock and water and cook 10min/varoma/REVERSE/speed soft.
4) Set aside to keep warm in thermoserver no need to clean bowl
4) Add water to jug and quinoa into the basket and then position basket into bowl
5) Place the marinated chicken onto the varoma tray and place varoma ontop of the bowl...then COOK on REVERSE 20-25min/ varoma/ speed soft (or until chicken is cooked through.
NOTE: YOU could add veges to be steamed in to the varoma too if you like: broccoli, green beans etc
4) Divide quinoa amongst 4 serving plates, add beans then top with the chicken and serve with coriander (or mint) and greek yoghurt and a fresh garden salad. Even yummy with a side of sweet potato wedges!
Moroccan chicken and quinoa:
Quinoa is a super food, loaded with protein, fibre and mineral (it does not contain any gluten). Quinoa need to be well soaked and rinsed to remove the natural saponins coating it that causes a bitter taste. You can 1) rinse using strainer under water and soak over night, make sure you rinse it again under water before cooking it the next day or 2) if you forget to soak it over night then I just soak the quinoa in boiling water for 5 minutes then rinse under the tap using the basket and then proceed with recipe.
1) Rinse quinoa using strainer under water and soak over night
2) If you forget to do this just soak quinoa in boiling water for 5 minutes then rinse and use
Recipe converted from a recipe my friend Magda cooked for me for dinner one night!
TRADITIONALLY made with lamb cutlets (fry them on the frying pan and do the beans in the thermomix bowl)
Chermoula is a North African herb and spice paste
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Raulas beef burgers
- Sassy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Nuggets (Paleo & BLW Friendly)
- Thai basil chilli chicken blade cover
- TURKEY & ZUCCHINI BURGERS WITH SUMAC
- Healthy chicken burgers
- Satay Chicken
- Mexican Lasagne - adapted from the Healthy Mummy
- Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Roll
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Peanut Butter Chicken Curry - Healthy Mummy adaption
- Moist white chocolate and vanilla mud cake with cream cheese icing
- Moist Vanilla mud cupcakes
- My friend Gail's DATE AND GINGER MUFFINS
- Cranberry Cosmopolitan
- chocolate peanut butter frosting
- Coconut, lemon and white magic bean cake
- Parsnip cake with cream cheese icing
- LYCHEE AND MINT KIDS BIRTHDAY SLUSHIES
- Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies Sandwhiches
- RAINBOW white bean birthday cake
- Morning Glory muffins (converted from Nico Moretti's Cooking Passions cookbook)
- Rainbow cake with cream cheese icing
- Choc Peppermint Fudgey Bean Biscuits- Egg, gluten and nut free.
- Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- White Chocolate and Apricot Hot Cross Buns
- Vic’s Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Marinara Sauce
- Easy Peel Steamed Peaches
- Broccoli cheese bites
- Mums best ever pasta sauce
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Zucchini Donuts
- Pate au Pistou
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling