- 1 handful fresh coriander
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon walnut or macadamia nut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 handful cashews
- 1 handful almonds
- 1 handful peanuts
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 spring onions roughly chopped
- 1000 grams water
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Stock Concentrate (EDC)
- 200 grams Quinoa (washed)
- 1 chicken breast (diced)
- 1 zucchini (sliced)
- 1 handful green beans
- 1 large broccoli (cut into small pieces)
- 1 package Feta (diced)
- sesame seeds
Place coriander, mint, oil, sesame oil into TM bowl and chop on Speed 7 for 5 seconds. Scrap down sides.
Add nuts and place in closed lid position. Pulse turbo 2 to 3 times.
Add vinegar, salt and pepper to tast and mix on Speed 2 for 4 seconds. Place dressing aside in mixing / salad bowl and add spring onions.
No need to clean the bowl from the dressing preparation. Add water and stock to TM bowl. Add quinoa to simmering basket and insert into TM bowl. Place chicken in the bottom of the Varoma and cook for 20 minutes, varoma temperature on speed 3.
After 20 mins, stir quinoa and if cooked remove. Stir chicken and add green vegetables to the top tray of the Varoma. Cook for a further 10 minutes, varoma temperature on speed 3.
Once cooked, mix quinoa, chicken and greens to dressing. Serve with feta and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Herbs, nuts and green vegetables can all be substituted for others of similar nature. I have also added sundried tomatos at the end with feta. Olive oil can be used instead of the macadamia nut oil. Great cold as a salad for lunch the next day!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cheats kousa
- Chicken and Leek Risotto
- Mum's chicken stuffing
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- The best beef burger patties-Gluten free
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- CHICKEN AND PRAWN LAKSA
- Variation To "My Savoury Mince"
- Slow Cooker Chilli Con Carne (using whole beef)
- Lebanese Kafta
- White Christmas Hedgehog Slice (Woman's Day Recipe)
- Creamy Bacon and Capsicum Pasta
- Hot Buttered Rum Cinnamon Pecan Scrolls
- Nuts Bolts and Screws Party Mix
- Red Wine Cranberry Sauce
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
- Ginger and Lemonade
- Fish with Curried Vegetables
- Shelley's Chilli Con Carne
- Vegetable and Lentil Moroccan Soup
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Delicious scones made in the Airfryer
- Halawet El Rez
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Cheats kousa
- The Thermomixing Mum Playdough
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- Left Over Porridge Bread
- Tasty Seedy Crackers
- Go-to Lunch Box Choc Chip Banana Muffins
- South African Slap Mielie Pap
- English muffins