- 60 g cumin seeds
- 30 g coriander seeds
- 2 cm ginger, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small red chilli
- fresh coriander, small handful
- 1 lemon, juice and zest, no white pith
- 100 g olive oil
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ground black pepper, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- 8 chicken thighs, boneless and skinned
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 700 g water
- 2-3 slices of spring onion, for garnishing
- 1-2 slices of fresh chilli, for garnishing
8Recipe is created for
Place cumin and coriander seeds into mixing bowl and dry roast 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Remove mixing bowl lid and allow to cool. Pulse 3 times/1 sec/Turbo, until powdered. Cool slightly.
Add ginger, garlic, chilli and coriander to mixing bowl and chop 10 sec/speed 7.
Place remaining ingredients into mixing bowl and chop 20 sec/speed 7.
Transfer into a screw top jar and set aside.
Mix 2 tablespoons of reserved chermoula with oil and rub onto chicken. Set aside to marinate up to several hours. (Not overnight).
Place water into mixing bowl and place Varoma dish into position, adding marinated chicken into it. Cook 20-25 min/Varoma/speed 2. Check chicken after 15 minutes, remove when cooked and allow to rest.
Garnish chicken with sliced spring onions and fresh chillies to serve.
You can steam rice in the steamer basket whilst you are cooking the chicken if desired which is what I did and you can see what a lovely color (therefore flavor) the rice has been infused with!
Chermoula will keep in a sealable jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Other users also liked...
- Pork apple & fennel meatloaf
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Beef hotpot
- Meatballs in sauce
- Chicken Satay Noodles
- lchf chicken with lemon thyme
- Rick's Favourite Curried Chicken
- Braised pork with bamboo shoots and sticky rice
- Another of Variation Beef & Red Wine Casserole
- Pork Belly Ramen
- Nanna's Pasties
- Pork Bun
- Pad see ew
- Beef and three-vegetable puree
- Pork Belly Ramen
- Celebration saffron and sage bread with ginger butter
- MULLED CIDER
- Red beans and rice with turkey meatballs
- Butternut and bacon macaroni cheese
- Tuscan bean soup
- Chicken tikka masala
- Parsley Oil
- Black bean tomato soup with coriander lime cream
- Warm apple pie smoothie bowl