- 60 g cumin seeds
- 30 g coriander seeds
- 2 cm ginger, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small red chilli
- fresh coriander, small handful
- 1 lemon, juice and zest, no white pith
- 100 g olive oil
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ground black pepper, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- 8 chicken thighs, boneless and skinned
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 700 g water
- 2-3 slices of spring onion, for garnishing
- 1-2 slices of fresh chilli, for garnishing
Recipe is created for
Place cumin and coriander seeds into mixing bowl and dry roast 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Remove mixing bowl lid and allow to cool. Pulse 3 times/1 sec/Turbo, until powdered. Cool slightly.
Add ginger, garlic, chilli and coriander to mixing bowl and chop 10 sec/speed 7.
Place remaining ingredients into mixing bowl and chop 20 sec/speed 7.
Transfer into a screw top jar and set aside.
Mix 2 tablespoons of reserved chermoula with oil and rub onto chicken. Set aside to marinate up to several hours. (Not overnight).
Place water into mixing bowl and place Varoma dish into position, adding marinated chicken into it. Cook 20-25 min/Varoma/speed 2. Check chicken after 15 minutes, remove when cooked and allow to rest.
Garnish chicken with sliced spring onions and fresh chillies to serve.
You can steam rice in the steamer basket whilst you are cooking the chicken if desired which is what I did and you can see what a lovely color (therefore flavor) the rice has been infused with!
Chermoula will keep in a sealable jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Other users also liked...
- Xanthe’s Butter Chicken
- Creamy chicken, bacon, mushroom & veggie pie filling
- Lamb Rogan Josh
- Bao Buns
- Thai Chicken and Pork Balls
- Chicken & Veg Galette
- Variation Clone of Chicken Enchiladas - Lauren
- Mouthwatering Meatloaf with Sensational Sauce
- Chicken Thai Green curry
- Gma's Meatloaf
- Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Creamy Sweet Chilli Chicken
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats